which to buy? Denon or Onkyo micro systems?

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Im in the market to buy a micro system that produces hifi sound and have been looking at the Denon m37,and the Onkyo 725 & 435.

Im looking to partner it with Tannoy Mercury f1 speakers and it will be my main hifi system. After reading up the onkyo 725 seems to be the best buy for sound and quality, although the denon also seems a quality system,the onkyo 435 dosent seem to have the power of the other two. Hopefully someone has some advice.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Hi i have the Denon dm-37 with the Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs Speakers. And boy what a sound i use to own arcam, nad and Bowers & Wilkens stuff and had to sell (i had no room as i moved). So i got the Denon and Tannoy combo and for the monie you ain't really going to get any better this side of 500 pounds. Make sure you get some Speaker stands (i use my Atacama's i had from above system) and the speakers will sound there best. Also i use Chord Carnival SilverScreen speaker cable ( if money allow pay the extra and get them terminated with Banana Plugs) and you will have a system that will give the best a run for there money this side of 500 pounds. Oops one thing about the Tannoys try and get the F1 Customs (Van del hull cable inside) i got mine for 90 pounds (new) they were 160 when they came out, they are much better than the normal F1's. Hope this helps.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I endorse everything that Palnejoker says. Except I have them sitting on Soundstyle Z11's but I might try them on a spare pair of partington Superdreadnoughts that I have to see what difference it makes.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well this is your third agreement!

I've not done a comparison with the Onkyo but this set-up with the Customs is superb (speaker stands a MUST!) Only gripe which some users have is that the volume control is digitised (i.e. it's set by numbers on the display), and some people complain that they cannot get the volume set to quite the level they want (either too quiet or too loud between the settings, particularly from Level 9 upwards).

There is to be honest a bit of a jump between the levels, so if fine tuning of the volume is particularly important to you then you may need to consider alternatives. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll be thrilled!

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Not tried the Onkyo. No point when I'm so pleased with the Denon.

There is a new Denon all-in one coming out later in the year, but no idea what price bracket it will be in. Can't see Denon replacing the DM37, so possibly new one is to compete with Marantz / Arcam. Just don't know yet.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
8009514:
There is a new Denon all-in one coming out later in the year, but no idea what price bracket it will be in. Can't see Denon replacing the DM37, so possibly new one is to compete with Marantz / Arcam. Just don't know yet.

What details do you have? Or a link?

A

Anonymous

The denon is the better unit that the onkyo, so buy with confidence.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Sizzers:8009514:

What details do you have? Or a link?

Hi Sizzers,

got no details at all. Got this info. about a new unit coming out when chatting to Denon rep at the Bristol show. He wasn't very forthcoming with details about it. Think he said it was due out in June or July. Thats all he would tell me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts