macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
which you should still do, please first change your centre for the matching Monitor audio one, your front three speakers should be from the same make and range if possible.

this creates better sound panning across the front soundstage, your surrounds can stay but imo all your speakers should be from the same company, your sub can be a different make if you prefer.

*music2*

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Mark Tyrrell said:
I want to buy a sub for my 5.1 setup, I'm not sure which to buy I've thought about the Q Acoustics 2070si or the B K Gemini II.

System:

Monitor Audio BX1 front

Q Acoustics 2000ci center and 2010i rear

Onkyo TX RZ710 amp
i didnt like the q acoustics i loved the Cambridge audio minx sub.small with great punch

F

FunkyMonkey

Back to the question originally asked.

I recently bought the Canton 10.2 sub and for its size and price the bass is thunderous but also musical. Highly recommend it.

F

FunkyMonkey

macdiddy said:
which you should still do, please first change your centre for the matching Monitor audio one, your front three speakers should be from the same make and range if possible.

this creates better sound panning across the front soundstage, your surrounds can stay but imo all your speakers should be from the same company, your sub can be a different make if you prefer.

*music2*
Less important when using Audyssey for example

Mark Tyrrell said:
The Monitor Audio BX centre is no longer available and I don't really like buying second hand, would the Monitor Audio MR centre work?
Bronze BX has been replaced by Bronze. Check Bronze Centre which will match very well.

With regards to subwoofers, BK Gemini II (or others from BK) is a good shout.

TRENDING THREADS