which speakers (triangle or klipsch) with nad C316 BE v2

Tenukimind

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
I Have the NAD C316 BEE V2 and like to have speakers that fits. I'm hesitating between the Triangle (BR02 or BR03) and some Klipsch (RP 160M, RP 600M).Does someone know about those associations ? Looking the specs i'd tend to feel the Klipsch RP 160 is a great choice but kind of doubtful. I have a 23m² room for information.
Thanks in advance.
V

Hi,
I Have the NAD C316 BEE V2 and like to have speakers that fits. I'm hesitating between the Triangle (BR02 or BR03) and some Klipsch (RP 160M, RP 600M).Does someone know about those associations ? Looking the specs i'd tend to feel the Klipsch RP 160 is a great choice but kind of doubtful. I have a 23m² room for information.
Thanks in advance.
V
It's going to depend on how you intend to place these speakers. Will they be on stands and away from back wall?
To be honest room size in square meters is not very helpful. What are the wall lengths and how far away will the speakers be from your listening position?

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi,
Thanks in advance.
V

In my experiance with Klipsch, the NAD might be just a little much for them, to much of good thing as it were your mixing 2 excitable brands together. Q acoustics should be a better fit I feel still exciting but not faguiing

i have no experiance with triangle

But as said above depends on what you're after and your living situation,

Spec's don't tell the whole story

Hopefully, someone will be along that can give a more complete story for you.

manicm

In my experiance with Klipsch, the NAD might be just a little much for them, to much of good thing as it were your mixing 2 excitable brands together. Q acoustics should be a better fit I feel still exciting but not faguiing

i have no experiance with triangle

But as said above depends on what you're after and your living situation,

Spec's don't tell the whole story

Hopefully, someone will be along that can give a more complete story for you.

NAD excitable? That's a first. From what I know the NAD and Klipsch RP600M will make a fantastic pairing.

Tenukimind

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for the anwsers.

Al ears: I could have been more precise indeed sorry. My piece is 4m by 5.75m. The speaker will be on a piece of furniture which is 90cm high and around 50 from the back wall. speaker separated by aproximately 1.5m if I remerber right.

millennia_one: So far I didn't have any good feeling earing Q acoustics. I'll try not t o stay closed-minded so do you have a suggested model that I could try to listen in a local store if Ifind on ?
manicm thanks for that suggestion.

If anyone have already try this amp and have a suggestion.
Tenuki

D

Deleted member 116933

NAD excitable? That's a first. From what I know the NAD and Klipsch RP600M will make a fantastic pairing.

Ok, whatever you think don't take it to heart, I gave my first-hand experience, it's not a pairing I'd make. that's all it is

Klipsch and NAD both have very upfront presentations. Makes for a very forward presentation, so, "exciting" I didn't say it was bad and I said depending on what he/she is going for. I gave an option I felt that was a slightly better fit in my experience take it or leave it. Most leave it.

As with all things another mans detailed is another bright.

Reactions: manicm and Al ears
D

Deleted member 116933

Hi,
Thanks for the anwsers.

Al ears: I could have been more precise indeed sorry. My piece is 4m by 5.75m. The speaker will be on a piece of furniture which is 90cm high and around 50 from the back wall. speaker separated by aproximately 1.5m if I remerber right.

millennia_one: So far I didn't have any good feeling earing Q acoustics. I'll try not t o stay closed-minded so do you have a suggested model that I could try to listen in a local store if Ifind on ?

Tenuki

Amp wise think you have chosen well, you could also try a Rotel if available where you are. Just pick your poison in regards to speakers and really the only way you will find that out is to listen to the options, which you seem to be doing. They're all good TBH, just pick whatever you have fun with that's the most important thing

I think you'll find it hard to find many that have heard this amp / speakers combination, they are not ideally placed and as far as I recall Triangle suggest a 2m separation for the Borea range, however they will obviously work with this amp just unsure as to whether either will give you the sound you are looking for.

gasolin

The bro3 have some slightly sharp highs (when listening to them, so does the Bro2) not much bass, many say they are good but they are not

Look at the bass from 80-100hz and down to 50hz, at 50hz it's -9db = you need to use a subwoofer to get good deep bass

fr_on1530[1].png

rainsoothe

Hi,
Thanks for the anwsers.

Tenuki
I'm not a huge fan of Q Acoustics fan either, don't doubt what you heard :)
However, I wouldn't partner Triangle (I like these) and Klipsch with a 316bee either. Dali Spektor 2 might be great with it, though.

But of course audition all you can.

Tenukimind

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've been to the auditorium yesterday. Listen to dali spectork 2 and 3 and honestly the were the badest I've heard so far.

The person from the audito told me that triangle is a brand that is going down and the speakers loose quality every year by a poor construction made in china. I still never heard them btw.

I tried Kef (Q150 i think but i'm not sure to remember) that were good but slightly out of my budget.
and klipsch RP51. The Klipsch sound were good but speakers seem to be a bit little to me for the bass and especially the low medium wchich were not completely released (like kind of stuck inside the box). I like the high and the equilibrium.

Do you know how much RP 600m and 160m are close to the 51 ? Or may them be closer to the KEF one ? For those who have compared differents klipsch any point of view.

Thank to everyone I'm already well helped.
T.

Hi,
Thanks for the anwsers.

Tenuki
The bigger problem as I see it is the speakers should be placed on dedicated stands or wall brackets. IME that makes just as bigger difference as the amp/speaker combination itself.

These

The bigger problem as I see it is the speakers should be placed on dedicated stands or wall brackets. IME that makes just as bigger difference as the amp/speaker combination itself.

These
There is that, at 90cm plus the height of the speakers placement was never going to be ideal. However, if that is where they have to go then you get the most suitable speakers you can find, even if you have to position them on their sides of even upside down....
Poorly positioned speakers will never give their best irrespective of which amplifier you use to drive them.

Last edited:
There is that, at 90cm plus the height of the speakers placement was never going to be ideal. However, if that is where they have to go then you get the most suitable speakers you can find, even if you have to position them on their sides of even upside down....
Poorly positioned speakers will never give their best irrespective of which amplifier you use to drive them.
That was my point. Having them on a cabinet, due to excess resonance, will never yield the best. IMO if you don't have room for stands then wall brackets are better than a cabinet.

Tenukimind

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Sorry for the delay. I finally get the klipsch rp 160m and a pair of stand (as Al ears suggested) to get in my room and they're lovely. just to add a point of view that may help one, indeed there is a little lack of bass in this association but no lack of precision. I just pushed the bass on the amp and that's fine to my ears.

Thanks again for the help.

A little question : I use a sound card to play music from my computer but i need to change it (give it back to it's owner) so i'll need a dac. Two of my friends proposes me one dac each : the cambridge audio magic 100 and the ifi zen. Being a complete begienner on the subject (always used studio sound card so far) could these be ok ?
T.

Last edited:

Gray

A little question : I use a sound card to play music from my computer but i need to change it (give it back to it's owner) so i'll need a dac. Two of my friends proposes me one dac each : the cambridge audio magic 100 and the ifi zen. Being a complete begienner on the subject (always used studio sound card so far) could these be ok ?
Yes, either will be OK.
If you go for the Zen, you might want to investigate the GTO filter of theirs (it's a downloadable software update).

I would bet this one sounds at least as good, if not better than either of the above though.
(Coax and USB inputs).
I paid £100 for it.
It's now even cheaper......85 quid.....too cheap to be any good you might think. Try it.
£5 extra gets you a basic case for it, but even without, it's small enough to be hidden out of sight. (No additional PSU required as it's USB powered).
If anyone knows of a better DAC bargain, I want to hear about it.

Last edited:

jazzer

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Try this:
Go visit dealers for both Triangle and Klipsch speakers.Take along a couple of your favorite cds and have the sales person play them thru these speakers.By listening to both makes of speaker via the music you most often listen to,you will have a pretty good idea as to what to buy.You may want to listen to other brands of speakers in your price range as well.

Shadowfax

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks in advance.
V
Based on actual experience, I would recommend the Klipsch RP-600M - and I'm not even a Klipsch fan of note. The pairing just 'works'.

Try this:
Go visit dealers for both Triangle and Klipsch speakers.Take along a couple of your favorite cds and have the sales person play them thru these speakers.By listening to both makes of speaker via the music you most often listen to,you will have a pretty good idea as to what to buy.You may want to listen to other brands of speakers in your price range as well.
Try finding a dealer that has both...... :)

Shadowfax

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Try finding a dealer that has both...... :)
That is absolutely the best, most failsafe idea. Finding a Klipsch dealer should easy, but the odds of that dealer also carrying Triangle's are as slim as a sheet of paper. Buying audio used to be so much fun; now it's truly hit or miss for most things.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts