which speakers for fatman i valve amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have just bought myself the fatman I valve amp and dock (got a great deal),It's a great amp but as we know it doesn't have any tone controls,so i am looking for a new pair of speakers or decent second hand ones to compliment it.At the moment i am using a pair of Q Acoustics 1010i's,which are ok,but i'm looking for some that will give me some more Bass as the bass on the 1010's isn't deep enough for the amp.Has anyone got any suggestions,i'm looking to spend about £100-£150 preferebly bookshelf,but would probably be able to squeeze some floorstanders in,btw it's only a small room.

Thanks for any help

Meggymoo

A

Anonymous

Trefor Patten:How about q 2020s or even 1020s (note, I did not say 2020's or 1020's)

would these give me deeper bass though.

cheers

meggymoo

A

Anonymous

meggymoo:
Trefor Patten:How about q 2020s or even 1020s (note, I did not say 2020's or 1020's)

cheers

meggymoo

Meggymoo,

I used to run the Fatman with some Monitor Audio BR2's. They are good sounding sensitive speakers which will give you the bass you require. I very good match and can be had for very good money these days. £150 pounds approximate. less on the bay.

Problem solved?

D

A

Anonymous

brittondave:meggymoo:

cheers

meggymoo

Meggymoo,

I used to run the Fatman with some Monitor Audio BR2's. They are good sounding sensitive speakers which will give you the bass you require. I very good match and can be had for very good money these days. £150 pounds approximate. less on the bay.

Problem solved?

D

cheers brittondave,looks like i might have to audition them,the other option i was considering was adding a sub,using the high level inputs on the sub,is this possible on this amp,or would i be overloading the amp.

Thanks again

meggymoo

A

Anonymous

morning Moo,

I really wouldn't bother the Br2's will give you plenty of bass! Just try them with Thomas Nemans soundtrack to American Beauty and you will see what I mean. In fact it's a great album to test any speakers bass capabilities.

cheers Moo

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys i definately will be auditioning the br2s,seems like the best bet after what people have said.

thanks again

Meggymoo

A

Anonymous

Hi all,no one in my area seems to have the monitors on sale for me to audition,so just want to know peoples thoughts on the Tannoy v1 and the Mission MX1'S.

thanks for your input

Meggymoo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts