Which speaker would you choose if you had a free choice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Trouble with that plan-
How do feel when the crummiest speakers outshine your current offering?!!!

Win, win...

And it proves what a rubbish speaker it is/was.

The point I was making is I don't know the answer unless I spent fortunes on a amp and sources that match the said speakers.

I'm more than happy with my humble little bundles. They punch well above their respective price bracket(s)

James83

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Win, win...

And it proves what a rubbish speaker it is/was.

The point I was making is I don't know the answer unless I spent fortunes on a amp and sources that match the said speakers.

I'm more than happy with my humble little bundles. They punch well above their respective price bracket(s)

Oh I agree. I think! lol
I was just trying to play devils advocate, so to speak.
You suddenly realise you wasted all that money on your previous speakers!

D

Deleted member 2457

I already think my speaker system is perfect so you can’t improve upon perfection. :)

Anything else would spoil it! :(

Reactions: michael hoy

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Let's say.. space, priorities, preferences by a partner and money wouldn't be an issue. Which speakers would you buy?
i would buy some Focal Kanta 2, they are the best, i think for the system i am using ,but not sure if there are better with this specifications. i´m using still some old hpm-150 with some celestion ditton from early 70´s, this to have hearing of all frequencies needed, before i was using some tannoy´s from mid 70´s(big ones, with option of using diferent conections for diferent spectrum of frequencies) and a pair of 79 Sb-f3 from technics

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
LNN Klimax Exakt 350 (stupid name) which cost £41,500 or the Tannoy Kensington GR which cost a more respectable £9950. They come with a solid metal key to lock the grills in place and that key has it's own box to keep it in. Now that is what I call class.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
With a lot of interesting auditions I would most probably end up with ATC actives, my problem would be whether to choose an solid preamp or a valve preamp to give a certain sound presentation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts