Which speaker cable would you recommend for some extra brightness and detail?

audiokid

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Which speaker cable would you recommend for revealing some extra brightness and detail? Ideal budget would be up to £20 per metre.

Currently using Naim Nac5 on Naim SN with HarbethM30.

Thanks

T

the record spot

I don't know what you're using just now, but assuming it is copper based, don't bother swapping it out for another copper one (it'll make as near as dammit no difference). Go for a silver based interconnect and use something like Nordost Blue Heaven. I found it unlistenable, but its going to be brighter and that's about the only time you'll see me recommending one cable over another...!

Something to do with the silver content makes it sound a little brighter than the copper equivalent apparently; no idea why!

Paul.

I found Chord Rumor brightened up my old marantz-mission setup nicely, £10 ish per meter or £20 for Rumor 4 (the bi version). Have a look at eBay for bargains, I picked up three meters of Rumor 4 for under £20, cut it in half and terminated it myself. Look at Chord Odesea if you want thicker gauge.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
This the sort of thing? :grin:

lightcable.jpg

T

the record spot

audiokid said:
Hi, Which speaker cable would you recommend for revealing some extra brightness and detail? Ideal budget would be up to £20 per metre.

Currently using Naim Nac5 on Naim SN with HarbethM30.

Thanks

Or you could try, if not already, repositioning your speakers, moving them closer, further back, toed-out a little, toed-in further and get some 500+ multistrand speaker cable. If you spend £20 for the lot, far less per metre, you'll be doing well. Maplins or online firms like Digitalis Direct will sort you out.

audiokid

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, I will have a look at the silver cable, i.e chord. I guess my only concern is losing some of the weight that I get with the Naim copper cable. Wil try - good point on the eBay search!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts