Which Samsung mobile would you recommend to me?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

RobinKidderminster said:
Cheers. Does it take good pictures?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honor-5x-5-5-Inch-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01AT48CE2/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464104499&sr=1-13&keywords=honor+huawei+5x

This one?

K

keeper of the quays

J5 young gel..cheap as sweet potato chips! And with money you save? Start a fund! To erect a statue of the keeper! I'm sure robin, penguin, Alec, Freddy,al,the venerable major!,Jim, my great friend and mentor the lhc will all contribute generously! I'm thinking outside the what hifi offices? So as the great and good shuffle past, they may gaze upon the bronzed Adonis! Or Folkestone! A ugly town! Could do with a beauty in bronze down there!

D

Deleted member 2457

keeper of the quays said:
J5 young gel..cheap as sweet potato chips! And with money you save? Start a fund! To erect a statue of the keeper! I'm sure robin, penguin, Alec, Freddy,al,the venerable major!,Jim, my great friend and mentor the lhc will all contribute generously! I'm thinking outside the what hifi offices? So as the great and good shuffle past, they may gaze upon the bronzed Adonis! Or Folkestone! A ugly town! Could do with a beauty in bronze down there!
Hey, that's not bad, just seen one at John Lewis too. Does it take good pictures and have a nice screen?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Honor 5x - check specs but my pix seem good. Reviews say slow charging but with a 2a charger its very quick. Good battery life. Decent bloatware and not too much. I use a different launcher because standard one is like apple - pants. Fingerprint sensor works OK - unlock, open apps etc. I can't fault it as a good medium spec phone. Makes calls well too. 3 card slots (2 sim and 1 memory). Not gorilla glass if you tend to break them but comes with screen protector. I can't fault it really.

D

Deleted member 2457

RobinKidderminster said:
Honor 5x - check specs but my pix seem good. Reviews say slow charging but with a 2a charger its very quick. Good battery life. Decent bloatware and not too much. I use a different launcher because standard one is like apple - pants. Fingerprint sensor works OK - unlock, open apps etc. I can't fault it as a good medium spec phone. Makes calls well too. 3 card slots (2 sim and 1 memory). Not gorilla glass if you tend to break them but comes with screen protector. I can't fault it really.
Cheers! My pictures on my iPhone 4s seem poor compared to Samsung phones. My untie today had a Samsung 5 but not sure which one but she pays £25 per month for it. The pictures on that looked really good and the screen was great.

K

keeper of the quays

gel said:
Hey, that's not bad, just seen one at John Lewis too.  Does it take good pictures and have a nice screen?  
the chap in Tesco spoke highly about them..for the money? Very good value..I like Samsung phones..

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Hey, that's not bad, just seen one at John Lewis too. Does it take good pictures and have a nice screen?
the chap in Tesco spoke highly about them..for the money? Very good value..I like Samsung phones..
Cheers!

Paul.

I'm not a fan of the edge phones. I'm a believer that good design is reductive, you should take away any unnecessary elements. I played with an edge and don't feel it adds anything other than makes it weird to hold, it's only purpose is to differentiate from competitors.

I think I was especially disappointed that the note edge concept was so cool, the ticker tape design of the side screen was awesome, that you could read texts with the phone case discreetly closed in a meeting table. Then when the s6 edge came out and the edges were bent for aesthetics not practicality.

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul. said:
I'm not a fan of the edge phones. I'm a believer that good design is reductive, you should take away any unnecessary elements. I played with an edge and don't feel it adds anything other than makes it weird to hold, it's only purpose is to differentiate from competitors.

I think I was especially disappointed that the note edge concept was so cool, the ticker tape design of the side screen was awesome, that you could read texts with the phone case discreetly closed in a meeting table. Then when the s6 edge came out and the edges were bent for aesthetics not practicality.
I decided against the edge too. I am going to demo the S7 at John Lewis and see what I think. Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

I have got the s7 but it says on the box, European sim only, what does that mean? I want it on O2 too. Cheers.

Paul.

I believe it's a region lock to prevent grey import practices. You know when new iPhone show up and people queue up to take them to India?

apparently if you put a euro sim in it it will fully unlock, if you put an American or Asian sim It locks itself down. I think. Might be wrong.

jjbomber

gel said:
I have got the s7 but it says on the box, European sim only, what does that mean? I want it on O2 too. Cheers.

Gel, you've got the best phone in the world, so just relax and enjoy your new toy. Stop panicing about everything you buy and trying to find fault with it. The phone is the best you can buy, simple as that.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys, I have read a bit about it too, so apparently I have to buy a European SIM card, use it for 5 mins and then I can use a uk SIM card! Where do you buy this European SIM card from though? O2 shop along with my 02 sim pay as you go? Cheers

Paul.

gel said:
Cheers guys, I have read a bit about it too, so apparently I have to buy a European SIM card, use it for 5 mins and then I can use a uk SIM card! Where do you buy this European SIM card from though? O2 shop along with my 02 sim pay as you go? Cheers

you have one, we are part of Europe.

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul. said:
gel said:

Ah right! Der! *biggrin*. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Paul. said:
gel said:

Ah right! Der! *biggrin*. Cheers.
Hang on, I haven't bought a SIM card yet?

TRENDING THREADS