Which Philips TV?

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to which would be the best Philips TV for my needs. It's got to be a Philips only due to ambilight to sync with Philips Hue lights in the room.

1) 55OLED804: deepest blacks and natural colours of OLED with latest P5 Pro processor

2) 55PUS9104: beautiful metallic Georg Jenson Design LCD

3) 58PUS7304/12: 58-inch TV, the largest size that I can accommodate

What do you think?

D

Deleted member 2457

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to which would be the best Philips TV for my needs. It's got to be a Philips only due to ambilight to sync with Philips Hue lights in the room.

1) 55OLED804: deepest blacks and natural colours of OLED with latest P5 Pro processor

2) 55PUS9104: beautiful metallic Georg Jenson Design LCD

3) 58PUS7304/12: 58-inch TV, the largest size that I can accommodate

What do you think?
For the best HDR picture I would go for the OLED but I would definitely buy from John Lewis and get screen burn warranty. LEDs are good but you do miss the overall quality of a high end TV. You get good Sd picture quality with the LED and Sky picture quality but on Blu-Ray and HDR the picture quality suffers.

LEDs are nice and bright sometimes an OLED can look dull. I have demoed the some of the new Philips OLEDs but it was too hard to judge in store and owned the Philips 55pus6703 LED TV and demoed some other Philips LEDs in Costco and John Lewis who have started having them in store. I will pm you a deal I think you really should consider but I think I know what you will say but it’s an amazing deal and I think you will love the TV.

Tonestar1

I would have to say OLED if you can afford it and don't intend to change it in the near future. It's a bit more of an investment but the picture quality is a significant level above LED especially in a dark room watching a movie.

D

Deleted member 2457

Yes, it is dependent on who you deal with. But it's easy for them to refuse.
True, we have just put in a claim for screen burn on our LG B6 OLed TV and the lady said they didn’t cover screen burn in their terms but they do cover screen issues in their terms so we had a guy out just now who said it needs a new screen obviously but he knows LG don’t have stock of them at present so if they issue cant be resolved in 28 days they will give us a brand new TV - not bad going!

He also said if it can be resolved within 28 days with a new screen that he will come and fit the new screen at home. It’s a well known issue to the guy and it was the same guy who did the report on my LG 65e6v OLed TV.

Reactions: bigboss

michael hoy

Hi BB,
I would go down the OLED route. You take care of your equipment and are not daft in leaving thing static.
I have had an LG OLED for 2.5 years and no screen burn. The panel was replaced recently (2 months) for a different reason. JL had no issues in this respect.

Good look with your choice.

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 2457

True, we have just put in a claim for screen burn on our LG B6 OLed TV and the lady said they didn’t cover screen burn in their terms but they do cover screen issues in their terms so we had a guy out just now who said it needs a new screen obviously but he knows LG don’t have stock of them at present so if they issue cant be resolved in 28 days they will give us a brand new TV - not bad going!

He also said if it can be resolved within 28 days with a new screen that he will come and fit the new screen at home. It’s a well known issue to the guy and it was the same guy who did the report on my LG 65e6v OLed TV.
Just got another full refund from John Lewis for screen burn!

D

Deleted member 2457

Was the B6 yours as well originally? I lose track of how many TVs you have!
I thought your dad was using your old Samsung 55 now?
Yes, I bought the LG 55-inch B6 originally but then ended up putting it in our first lounge. Yes, the Samsung 55-inch is in our second lounge.

I am now getting the LG B9 for our first lounge.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 2457

Two lounges? Very nice, you must live in quite a large house then, what with your home cinema system upstairs as well!
Yes, I do mate. My dad worked for Lloyds Bank in London. I am in the master bedroom, did have a full sized jacuzzi in it too but we have since changed it into a massive walk in shower for me. My mum and dad have converted the garage to their bedroom. I actually have another bedroom inside mine too.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts