which mp3 sony or ipod

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Im wanting to upgrade my mp3 from sony's nwz-a816 to the bluetooth model (nwz-A820 16G) but i cant help but wonder if i would get better sound quality from an ipod classic or ipod touch???

I'll be after upgrading the earphones and was looking at sony's flagship in ear headphones ( MDREX700LP ) could anyone tell me if these are worth what there priced at??? Cheapest i found these was 150 or 170.

Thanks Rick.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Just remember, transfer of music to an iPod is only one way (ie TO AN iPOd). You can't grab files back that you might have mislaid.

(without 3rd party faffing)

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Ye i realise that but what are the thoughts on SQ. Im hoping the answer will be the sony because for some reason i always tend to buy there products unless whatever im looking at gets a v bad review then i'll go with a different brand.

Thanks Rick

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I would stick with what you know. Sony make very good portables. I use a cheap Creative Zen, and it is at least as good as my GFs iPod. The iPod is a good machine, but you start tieing yourself in with their software, and their ethos, without faffing about. I wouldn't buy another iPod in all honesty.

I will need a new player soon, and it will be between Creative, Sony and iRiver (and maybe Microsoft)

John Duncan

fr0g:Not seen it...any good? Still deciding whether to borrow or buy.

It was OK. I had read the book previously and in comparison it's been hollywooded. The first half - as an essay on isolation and going mental - is good, the zombie flesh eating second half is less unsuccessful. And the ending's a bit rubbish.

Beowulf is more fun.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:fr0g: Still deciding whether to borrow or buy.

Do you have blockbuster-style mail rental companies over there? I watch a dozen or so films a month for 15 quid........

I dont watch enough DVD or BR films to warrant it. (We have Love films though).

A

Anonymous

atkins4725:
Im wanting to upgrade my mp3 from sony's nwz-a816 to the bluetooth model (nwz-A820 16G) but i cant help but wonder if i would get better sound quality from an ipod classic or ipod touch???

I'll be after upgrading the earphones and was looking at sony's flagship in ear headphones ( MDREX700LP ) could anyone tell me if these are worth what there priced at??? Cheapest i found these was 150 or 170.

Thanks Rick.

The ipod consistently gets 5 ***** reviews from what hifi; according to them they are the best sounding players of the lot.
In my own experience, however, the ipod sounds a little lightweight. Clear sound, but lacking a little in bass. To make a long story short: if you plan to use it exclusively for private listening and/or in the gym, I'd buy a sony walkman.
Only if you'd be planning to use it with docks, accessories etc, and need larger capacity -read ipod classic- my vote would be for the ipod.

TRENDING THREADS