which floorstanders

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i'm looking at upgrading my front speakers on my av system, and am unsure which floorstanders to look at. i currently have a pair of mourdant short ms 904's running off an onkyo 606 av amp with chord carnival superscreen. bi-wiring doesn't matter as i use the zone 2 in another room. i would prefer floorstanders, but am willing to look at stand mounters. thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

i think it is the rear firing bass ports. i'm a little paranoid about the bass annoying the old lady next door.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The easiest thing to do would be to plug up the ports, this would save you the cost of some more speakers.

If you're worried about too much bass, another floorstander may not be the way to go. Most tend to produce as much bass as they can, save for some models by KEF, Tannoy and the like. Standmount speakers tend to produce less low bass, so won't have as much of a problem.

What other speakers do you use? If you change the front pair to a different manufacturer, I'd also recommend changing the centre to match them.

A

Anonymous

never thought of that. i gave it a try and am happy with the results. many thanks for the tip.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
No problem, let us know how you get on
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts