WHICH DENON?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm currently updgrading my system and after reading reviews etc I think I'm going to go for either the 1740 or 1940. There dosen't seem to be much between them apart from the obvious price difference for the newer 1940.

If it works out that I'd benefit from paying more for the newer model then that's what I'll do or as in some reports there's not too much difference I will opt for the cheaper option and invest the money somewhere else.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there, The Denon DVD-1940 isn't actually a newer model than the DVD-1740: they were both launched around last September time. The DVD-1940 is a simply a higher-specified (and therefore higher-priced) player.What are you planning to plug it into? That'll help determine which is best for your system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.

Just simply thee Panasonic 27" PX80 for the time being.

Hopefully sound system few months down the line also.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Unless you want the extra musicality (plus SACD/DVD-Audio support) the DVD-1940 delivers, I'd be inclined to buy the DVD-1740 (you can pick it up for @£100) and then wait to see what happens on the budget Blu-ray player/system front later this year.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Unless you want the extra musicality (plus SACD/DVD-Audio support) the DVD-1940 delivers, I'd be inclined to buy the DVD-1740 (you can pick it up for @£100) and then wait to see what happens on the budget Blu-ray player/system front later this year.

This helped me aswell. Many thanks.

I'm after a cheap player to use with my forthcoming TV purchase (Panasonic TH-42PZ80) after finally deciding to take the HD plunge and my current amp (Denon AVR-3806). That little player will tie me over nicely until I delve into Blu-Ray soon.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
If your like me and have dvd's from different regions then a multi region dvd player is a must. I use my PS3 for uk dvd's and blueray, but I still have my old multi region dvd player for my usa films. Shame it's only a scart model though.

Im going to wait a few months before I upgrade to a proper blueray player. Waiting for the prices to come down and it would have to be multi region dvd capable as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts