Which CD Player for Leema Pulse II Amplifier and Monitor Audio RX1 Speakers

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a CD player to work with the above, listen to all types of music classical violin, to rock with heavy bass and a lot in between.

Any suggestions please.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Think transport, think Rega DAC.

No, I haven't heard it (yet!), but from what I've researched over the past 24-hours it really does seem something special. Just a thought for consideration, that's all,and only my opinion of course.

MikeToll

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
If you do not mind "ex demo" then Seven Oaks have a few Stream II CD players for sale at £599. Lovely sound to my ears partnered with the Pulse II, bit slow to initially read discs and be ready to play and only plays Red Book CD's.

A

Anonymous

As in your others posts my vote would be for either the Audiolab 8200CD or the Cyrus 6SE CDP's (seeing as you cant have a top loading CDP (i.e. Rega Apollo etc...)

Do you have a budget in mind through Lo Fi as all I'm thinking is a good, decent 2md hand DAC with a good 2nd hand CDP as the transport (i.e. Arcam CD72/73, NAD C545BEE etc...) would be a superb source as well

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again hifilover

I was thinking around the £ 700 mark but prefer new over SH.

BTW Sevenoaks store seem to think tyhat the Arcam CD17 is a very good match without me asking that is what do you think?

A

Anonymous

The Arcam CD17 is ok but better can be had (i.e. Audiolab 8200CD, Rega Apollo, Cyrus 6SE etc...)

It's got a good soundstage but I found it a bit overly smooth at times; I demo'd it with Arca, Cyrus, NAD, Lemma and Rotel amps and Monitor Audio, PMC, Neat and B&W speakers

It's horses for courses though as what may sound ok to me may sound brilliant to you and vice-verse

These things are worth demo'ing even if just to rule them out

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi hifilover what do you think of the NAD565BEE CDP do you think it is good enough for the Leema and as good as the Audiolab which I am beginning to think is probably my best bet.

Lo Fi said:
Hi hifilover what do you think of the NAD565BEE CDP do you think it is good enough for the Leema and as good as the Audiolab which I am beginning to think is probably my best bet.

This is so subjective: If 7 Oaks stocks Nad then have a listen and decide from there. What we find great you may have a different opinion. Hifilover says that the Arcam is too smooth, but I disagree. It's smoother than Cyrus and Audiolab, but this game is all about system matching or that dreaded word: Synergy. To that end Arcam + Leema +MA is a cracking mix.

A

Anonymous

Lo Fi said:

The NAD C565BEE CDP is good BUT you're better off saving your £££ and going for the NAD C545BEE as it's the same sound; just doesnt have the USB input which IMO is a waste of time...

The Audiolab is up there for me as the 1st and best choice of CDP

As I said though you really need to demo; even if just to rule out!

PP likes the Arcam, I LOVE Arcam but feel that the CD17 and A18 amp have let the recent Arcam offerings down a little IMO

If they could have followed on from the CD192 CDP range and FMJ A32 range of amps; they'd have been singing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts