Which Cartridge for Technics 1210 mk5?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just got a mint condition 1210 Mk 5 for a steal from that well known auction website.

It has come with a good Ortofon Concorde Elektro cartridge and stylus designed for scratching/mixing, but I am going to be using it for more conventional HIFI record playing.

I have an original technics headshell, and am looking at around the £150 mark as a budget. I have been looking at the Ortofon 2M Blue which seems to fit the bill and budget. Does anybody have any alternative suggestions/comments?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

It depends on your phono preamp as to which one, but the Denon DL160, DL110 or DL103 are ideal matches for the SL1210.

The DL103 needs an MC input on your phono preamp as its low output.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Yes. The first cartridge that sprang to my mind for Technics SL1210 is a Denon DL-103.

Use it with a Denon AU-300LC step-up transformer into a standard MM phono input or MM phono-pre.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I am now selling the Concorde Cart and stylus to help pay for the new one. The Denons do get some good press so will probably take the plunge. I have read that it can be difficult to get the set up right if useing a Baerwald Arc Protractor. Does anybody have any experince of this?

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts