Which cables is best for me - newbie to all this!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have recently just purchased a Samsung UE46ES8000 LED TV and Samsung BDE-6100 3D BluRay player along with a Samsung HWE450 soundbar and I need to purchase some HDMI/OPtical cables to get the best performance but at a reasonable cost.

Can anybody help me with choosing cables?

The Ones I have looked at are as follows

HDMI

Soundstr0m (Currys) Black series cable - can be purchased on eBay for £10 but are they any good?

Chord HDMI Advance - seem to get good reviews

QED HDMI Performance

Optical cable

QED Performance Optical

I need to connect my new products stated above also with a Virgin HD TIVO box

Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm currently torn mainly between the Chord and QED HDMI cables - I am unsure of the Sandstr0m due to the cost?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks,
Chris.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
chris7off said:
Hi All, I have recently just purchased a Samsung UE46ES8000 LED TV and Samsung BDE-6100 3D BluRay player along with a Samsung HWE450 soundbar and I need to purchase some HDMI/OPtical cables to get the best performance but at a reasonable cost. Can anybody help me with choosing cables? The Ones I have looked at are as follows HDMI Soundstr0m (Currys) Black series cable - can be purchased on eBay for £10 but are they any good? Chord HDMI Advance - seem to get good reviews QED HDMI Performance Optical cable QED Performance Optical I need to connect my new products stated above also with a Virgin HD TIVO box Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm currently torn mainly between the Chord and QED HDMI cables - I am unsure of the Sandstr0m due to the cost? Thanks for any help in advance. Thanks, Chris.
If you get free cables with the gear try those. The chord cable I mistakenly bought looks and sounds identical to the free cables I have. If you don't like the free cables try "that cable". They have 5 * rated cheap cables that are rated by a number of forumites.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
great advice, but can I just add, before spending lots of money, try to find somewhere which will let you try before you buy, or somewhere which will let you return expensive cables if you feel there really isn't a difference (or enough difference). It's a very contentious issue without a finite answer and it's definitely each to his own. (As you can see I'm an expert fence sitter.)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys, I didnt get any free cables with the kit - I have previously asked in shops and nobody wants to take any open cables if not suitable only take back if faulty - I've read reviews on here which is what left me confused as some of the reviews say that the more expensive cables give a smoother motion and more of a punchy sound - but the more I read the more I get confused lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts