Which Blu Ray Player?

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Bit confused about what Blu Ray Player to get, should i get a PS3 which is obviously the cheapest option, or should i get a dedicated Blu Ray Player, like the Pioneer, i'm guessing there will be a shed load of new Blu Ray Players coming out now. Thanks Mike Worrall

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Depends what's in the rest of your system, and if you fancy a PS3 for gaming as well. I think this is a dilemma facing many of us now that the format war is over. The PS3 is a good Blu-ray player for sure, but if you don't need the gaming element then a dedicated Blu-ray player might be the better option.

We've a roundup of all the latest Blu-ray players in the What Hi-Def? supplement included with the April issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision (on sale now), and we'll be bringing you a comprehensive group test of Blu-ray players in the May issue, out in a couple of weeks.

For sure there will be many more models coming to market in the next few months, and prices are bound to fall. That said, you can already pick up a Samsung Blu-ray machine for £200.

A

Anonymous

Qr pick up the Sharp BD-HP20 for around £220,I have one and think it`s a great player for the money.I personally didn`t want a big ps3 sitting on my rack with the rest of my gear,don`t play games anyway.Buy the Sharp with confidence.

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, i've recently purchased the Pioneer LX 01 system and have a Toshiba HD XE1, which i'm going to keep hold off as i'm sure the disc prices will fall and will still be available for me to get some bargains.

I dont think i'd play the games on a PS3 as i have a Xbox 360 for gaming, i think if i was being realistic the Pioneer Blu Ray would be the best choice due to the surround system i have, they're just quite expensive at present.

Thanks

Mike Worrall

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts