which blu ray player?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

you are talking absolute tosh Ginder, this is a AV forum not a games forum and the PS3 upscales DVD's superbly and Blue Ray Performance is great as What Hi-Fi have mentioned, its a AV Forum and your X Box is not a AV product, unless you wanta white Ugly add on witha ugly power supply and HD DVD is nearly dead anyway, This is a AV forum and while you can use a PS3 as a AV Product you cannot say the same with Microsofts product, The Xbox is a fab games machine i never said it wasnt, but Microsoft should and could of saved HD DVD, if PS3 has been the saving grace of Blu Ray, your great gaming machine, which i confess it is, should of been the saviour of HD DVD and that is where on a AV front and HD front is where Microsoft have failed.

A

Anonymous

And with the Xbox sales healthy as you say they should of easily out sold Blu-Ray but something fundamentally is missing from the Xbox to make it a home cinema solution

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]
Wow - didn't this post start off with some guy asking which Blu Ray player he should buy?!
[/quote]

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Although Jimmyboy does raise some valid points. Microsoft could have given the HD-DVD format a huge boost if it wanted to but it's becoming apparent that its long term goal has been to sell us digital downloads - no doubt loaded with crippling DRM!!

A

Anonymous

Yes it all just validates the point about the xbox never going to be anything more than a very good gaming machine. Did you all hear the news that Woolworths are only stocking blu-ray. Perhaps HDDVD is not dead after all.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Jimmyboy34"]you are talking absolute tosh Ginder, this is a AV forum not a games forum and the PS3 upscales DVD's superbly and Blue Ray Performance is great as What Hi-Fi have mentioned, its a AV Forum and your X Box is not a AV product, unless you wanta white Ugly add on witha ugly power supply and HD DVD is nearly dead anyway, This is a AV forum and while you can use a PS3 as a AV Product you cannot say the same with Microsofts product, The Xbox is a fab games machine i never said it wasnt, but Microsoft should and could of saved HD DVD, if PS3 has been the saving grace of Blu Ray, your great gaming machine, which i confess it is, should of been the saviour of HD DVD and that is where on a AV front and HD front is where Microsoft have failed.[/quote]

I know this is not a games forum, all i asked was the list of great games you mentioned that i could put into my PS3 and you went on to fault the 360 at every level including paying for online, you are right microsoft could have maybe saved hd dvd by maybe implementing an internal hd dvd, but as it was not the creator of hd dvd it has decided not to, why restrict yourself to one type of media when you dont know who will win the hd war. All im saying is u cant slate one console over the other as both have their faults, microsoft for not making an internal hd dvd and sony for not having any good games for its console. Media hub or not the PS3 is first and foremost a games console and i want to see more done with that side of it. HD movies are a niche at the moment and standard dvds are still outselling any kind of HD media and in my opinion will do for a very long while. Not many businesses can sustain long term growth and profit by relying on a niche product. Blu ray clearly has won the HD war but it will only survive when the prices drop to the level of the standard dvd, and when you have deals such as 3 dvds for £15-£20 it really does seem like Blu ray has its work cut out. If Blu ray should fail my PS3 will collect dust and thats one thing i do not wish to see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts