which blu ray player for my set up.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all,

I have a sonyKDL-46W2000u tv and a a sony DAV-DZ810W DVD 5.1 surround sound setup.

I'm looking to purchase a blu ray player that will allow me to use the sorround sound aswell, any thoughts?

waiting in anticipation

pradeep

A

Anonymous

You have the All-In-One (DAV-DZ810W DVD 5.1), so i doubt you can connect a Blu-ray to it. I'd suggest going for a dedicated Amp/Reciever and a 5.1 speaker package, i can recommend the Sony BDP S370 Blu-ray player.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Your Sony DAV-DZ810W has a digital optical and coaxial input. so as long as your Blu-Ray player has one of these outputs (most have at least one), then you'll be able to connect it up and get standard Dolby Digital / DTS surround sound.

If you want to take advantage of the new hi-def audio formats (like Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD Master Audio), you'll need to replace your all-in-one system I'm afraid and either get a new all-in-one Blu-Ray system which can process these formats, or replace it with a separate Blu-Ray player, speaker package and a surround sound amplifier with HD decoding abilities - virtually all new AV amps will do this.

Of course, nothing is stopping you from getting a Blu-Ray player now and upgrading your sound package later if you think you'd like to.

A

Anonymous

thank u for the advice
emotion-2.gif
i will have to make do with the set up i have plus a blu ray player with the digital optical option for now and upgrade in the future.

all the best guys

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts