Which amplifier to go with either Marantz CD6002 or Pioneer PD-D6-J????

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm getting the Monitor Audio RS6 speakers and have narrowed down my cd player to one of the above (I want something that plays sacd, mp3 and wma. The amps that are on my hit list are Creek Evo (£350), Denon PMA-1500ae (£460) or any more suggestions. This is hard!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oooh, if you could only hang on a couple of weeks, we're doing a huge hi-fi systems round-up in our next issue, out 13th December.....

Can't wait until then? I'd pair the Marantz CD player with the Rotel RA-04 amplifier - an excellent combination - or the Pioneer player with its matching amp (A-A6; £350).

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Clare. I can wait a couple of more weeks I suppose. However, hasn't it been said on here before that pairing a cdp and amp from the same company can not be the best thing? I especially remember reading that the Pioneers together weren't good?? If you think the Pioneer double act will work well with the RS6 speakers, I would gladly save some money and try them out - I'm having no luck with demos of Pioneer anywhere and am trusting numerous reviews and the fact that my current set up (a Sony mini hifi) is so bad.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Pioneers can verge towards the aggressive when paired in tandem, but I remember we recommended them with MA speakers when we first tested them as a pair - OK, so that was the BR5s, not the RS6s...which aren't exactly shrinking violets.

I'd really urge you to find a demo if you can. They're a great pairing but won't be to everyone's tastes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts