Which 37in Pannasonic?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having recently got Blu-Ray I feel that while my Sony KDL32D3000 has an absolutely fantastic picture, the screen is just not quite big enough. I sit 2.8m away but the TV sits in the corner of the room and space is tight. The Sony 40 inch W4500 was the obvious choice for a replacement but its just too wide to fit the room space unfortunately.

I've therefore narrowed it down to either the Panasonic TX-37LZD85 or the TX37PX80. The LCD is about £200 more so I would normally opt for the cheaper option. Its just niggling me that the cheaper Plasma is not a full HD 1080p screen while the LCD one is (but then and again my current Sony isn't full HD either and the picture with Blu-ray is superb in my view).

As a late flier there's also the Toshiba 40ZF355D which is a bigger screen, but the cabinet is small so would fit the room space. I'm just not convinced as it only got 4 stars and is also a bit more expensive. I've also never owned a Toshiba and have always had Sony and Panasonic TV's in the past.

Arrrrggghh! What would you do? Any advice appreciated.

A

Anonymous

TX37PX80.

Search it on this forum and see if you can find any negative posts about it.

A

Anonymous

I have seen both in a showroom next to each other with a common (bluray) feed. I bought the plasma because of far superior image quality. No contest.

However, the sound from the LCD is noticably better. If you have, or intend to buy a receiver, then sound is not an issue; if you don't then you have to decide your priority.

KP

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the comments Gents - much appreciated. I took the plunge and bought the Plasma, it gets delivered tomorrow. I did a comparison as well in the end and felt it looked better.

If I find myself sitting in 6 months time thinking "I wonder if this film would look any better with a full 1080p screen" then I will officially have to retire from this game and take up stamp collecting. I've promised my wife that this is the last upgrade!

Thanks again

Mrmrj

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts