WHF TEAM - Which Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys, I have recently purchased a Yamaha DSP-AX763 and love it, but I want to upgrade to something with a little more muscle. (My main usage is big block busters, Iron Man, that sort of thing-shallow I know)

So my question is which of these would you advise: DSP-AX863, Onkyo either 706, 806 or 876.(A bargain with the 10% discount at exceptional AV)

I am running a 6.1 setup with 6 x polk Audio LC80i custom installs & Epos ELS, with sky HD and a BD30, I may add a HD games machine again at a later date, and also a freesat HD pvr or V+ service possibly.

I previously had a Pioneer VSX-LX50, so although the 763 is very good sonically, it's souds a little under powered.

A

Anonymous

Well, if you're willing to spend enough to get an Onkyo 876, then another receiver you can add to you list is the Yamaha RXV1900 at £749, it got a great review by WHF. It doesn't have the same power as the 876 (more than the Yamaha 865se) but some claim that Onkyo are quiet generous with their power ratings.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Funny you should say that as i just noticed the review on the site and was just looking around at the prices, exception AV have it for around £717. So yes I will add this to the list thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts