WHF Team - What happened to some of the reviews?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi WHF Team,

What happened to some of the online reviews? For example the Yamaha RXV3900 and the Pioneer SCLX81? Why were the reviews removed from the website even though these are still current models whereas the reviews for some outdated models are still on the website?

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
They're in the process of being updated with the reviews from the new - June - issue, on sale later this week.

They'll be back online shortly after the publication date, which is on Wednesday.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, we took the reviews of the Pioneer and Yamaha down last week as they both feature in a Group Test in the new issue (out tomorrow) and the new, revised reviews will be published online shortly after that.

A

Anonymous

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the prompt reply Andrew & Andy!

I'm expecting that some amps might be losing some "stars" from the comments made by Andy on another thread. I can't remember the last time when a group test had all 5 star products against one another.

A

Anonymous

BTW, is there any news on new high end models from Denon? It's been quite a while that a Denon has been in a group test in this range.

I'm guessing that the Onkyo 906 was left out of this test because it only got 4 stars and lost to the Pioneer and Yamaha so there wasn't much point including it in this group test?

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I am very much looking forward to this group test, as I am currently considering 3 of the receivers in the test. Will be interesting to see how the new Sony compares to the Pioneer and the Yamaha. Last time the Yamaha and the Pioneer where compared (and this group test also included the mentioned Onkyo) Pioneer went out victorious.

But I would also have liked to see a Denon included in this new group test, either 3808 or 4308.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
What a shame. But then you are of course not to blame.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi WHF Team,

Now that the new issue is out, can we please have the updated reviews on this website as well?

Thanks.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Seeking Advice

We'll put those reviews back online a few days after the new issue has been on sale. As Andrew says, you could go out and buy the magazine today if you're desperate to know the result.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately, I can't buy the issue today because it will take a couple of weeks before it appears on the shelves where I'm at.

What happened to the online issue proposal? I though Clare mentioned that something was in the works but I don't recall any further announcement on this.

Can you at provide a teaser on who won the group test at the very least? Pleassseeeeeee........

A

Anonymous

Hi M. Escargot,

Whoever you are, Andrew has hinted that you have a strong preference on the group test between the Rotel, Pioneer, Yamaha and Sony amps.

Which do you think is the best among the 4 amps tested and why?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

You really do talk in coded messages now do you? Half the time I need to google all the acronyms that you use to understand what you're saying! :)

OK, I guess the reviews will be out on Monday at the latest so I'll just sleep on it over the weekend and hold the suspense.

BTW, have any of the manufacturers announced any further price adjustments on their products? I saw the outrageous announcements about the Arcam products on another thread.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
seakingadvice:You really do talk in coded messages now do you?

BTW, have any of the manufacturers announced any further price adjustments on their products? I saw the outrageous announcements about the Arcam products on another thread.

AFAIK there are no more price changes ATM, but IMO there could be more in the VNF, depends how the GBP does against the USD, JPY and EUR.

T-T-T-TAF!!!!

thats_all_folks.jpg

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:M. Escargot is presumably gerrardasnails, who may have one of the products reviewed.

Damn, I've given it away - there goes another overseas sub...

Oh John - you've spoiled it now...

(Cue helicopter posting asking Brian's sibling which receiver he'd want to win the Group Test...)

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:M. Escargot is presumably gerrardasnails, who may have one of the products reviewed.

Thanks. I kind of guessed that but didn't see any recent post from him on which amp he has a preference for.

Why does Andrew call him M. Escargot anyway? Some sort of "inside joke"?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

Oh John - you've spoiled it now...

(Cue helicopter posting asking Brian's sibling which receiver he'd want to win the Group Test...)

Now, who's Brian? Would he know the answer? :)

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:gerrardaSNAILS

(tish boom)

Ahhh, I see. I thought maybe it would be Mr. Hammer or something . . .gerrardasNAILS. OK, I don't want to get accused of abusing other forum members. Just kidding around here on a slow Thursday . . . can't wait for the weekend to enjoy a couple of good movies!

Gerrard, if you know the answer, please do let us know before we read it on the site on Monday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts