WHF team re Review of 3view Freeview HD PVR

A

Anonymous

Oh dear - what have you read Professor Hat? Are the initial reports less than positive given the price tag? Given the teething problems with many of the PVRs I'd been thinking that the Humax or the 3view may be the best bet. Perhaps I'll just bite the bullet and get the Humax...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I can't link to it as it's against House Rules, but most people are having serious issues with stability of the box - one person mentioned it had crashed on them 6 times in one evening. There's also lots of talk about the lack of shielding on the tuners and how this can cause interference with other equipment. I can't say for certain any truth on this, just what I've read. However, a lot of new purchasers have said they are going to or have already returned the box to 3view for a refund.

Personally, I'd go for either the Humax or the Digital Stream DHR-8205U (the one I have, you can read my thoughts on it here). It's generally agreed on other forums that these are by far and away the best (and definitely most stable) of the current Freeview HD PVRs. Which one you go for will depend entirely on your own preferences - if you can I'd try and see if you can get to a John Lewis store with both of them in so you can try them both out and see which one you prefer.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Professor - really helpful. Think WHF may be offering you a job soon! Amazing how difficult it's been for the various companies to produce a stable HD PVR, but good to know there are now a couple of fine options out there...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts