Question Where would you buy your TV from?

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Well i'm now ready to buy my new TV. Normally if the prices were the same i would go to John Lewis, then Currys then Richer sounds. Not for any real reason based on previous experience just perceived customer service. The first two have taken the TV out of the sale and it is £100 more now. At richer sounds its still the sale price and has a 6 year warranty instead of a 5 year one. Should i get the others to price match or simply order it from richer sounds?

Paul.

Richer sounds seem like good eggs, though I’ve never bought any TVs from them. Bought a faulty amp from them once and they were very helpful. Always been happy with John Lewis. Can’t stand Currys but if your local is a good one fair enough.

D

Deleted member 2457

Well i'm now ready to buy my new TV. Normally if the prices were the same i would go to John Lewis, then Currys then Richer sounds. Not for any real reason based on previous experience just perceived customer service. The first two have taken the TV out of the sale and it is £100 more now. At richer sounds its still the sale price and has a 6 year warranty instead of a 5 year one. Should i get the others to price match or simply order it from richer sounds?
If you’re buying an OLED TV then John Lewis, otherwise Richer Sounds and then Currys online, always buy online not in the shop.

D

Deleted member 2457

I’m buying the Sony xh9505. Happy to buy online and if you don’t mind may I ask you your reasons?
OLED TVs can get screen burn and John Lewis online are about the only ones who will refund your money. Probably buy the Sony from John Lewis just incase something goes wrong because John Lewis are the best service wise. Richer Sounds and Currys are good if you change your mind and decide you don’t like it, John Lewis will tell you‘ve to keep it.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. I’m not likely to change my mind but do value good customer service. That’s why of course you said buy it online. I’ve got a John Lewis price match in but richer sounds say supplies are erratic but I’m not paying £950 today for something that was £850 yesterday.

silverback

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Am going to buy my Panasonic 65 HZ2000 from Richer Sounds.
Or The Sony 65 A85 as you get the premium remote with the A85 but not the A8. I don't know why but I would be not a happy chappie.

Richer Sounds also price match, in fact they will beat the price by £20. Their customer service is amongst the best in the business. I would rate Richer Sounds and John Lewis equally. With regards to John Lewis sorting repairs under warranty for OLED screen burn, this is guaranteed only if you take the Protect Plus cover. Otherwise, their usual terms exclude OLED screen burn, like any other retailer. In short, if you're buying an OLED, then buy from John Lewis and get the Protect Plus cover.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS