Where to go for 2nd hand HI-FI???

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Again... I'd say that Ebay is the best place.

I have just built my system from Ebay and very happy with it. As long as the seller is trustworthy, there's a good description with pictures, you cant go far wrong.

What CD player are you on the look out for?

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking along the lines of a Marantz 6002 or Arcam 73...but open to other suggestions. Thaiman said the Rega Apollo can be found for £500 new, but I'm still searching for that.

I'd not thought of the 2nd hand market before, but we'll see...

The setup would be with a Creek Evo amp and AE Evo3s ( no relation!)

J

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Jack_O_Byte"]Rega Apollo can be found for £500 new, but I'm still searching for that.[/quote]

It seem that the site that selling new apollo for the last year list price has sold out but I can give you a link for the next best thing and hurry if you are going for it....

http://www.griffinaudio.co.uk/oddsandendsmain.html

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've got an Arcam Alpha 9 CD player and that really suites my AESprit 309's, along with Arcam amps...

Personally i'd go for either an Arcam Alpha 9 CD player or the Arcam 72, 73 or 92 CD players.

A

Anonymous

Hi jack,

If you have the patience then I would recommend eBay as a place to start. Just use common sense and diligence and you'll find that most people when dealing with Hi-Fi tend to really look after it and package it carefully.

You can find some really amazing kit on there so I'd say go have a listen and then look for it online. You can sometimes get a really good deal as I did with my Chord cables recently!

Carey

A

Anonymous

Hey Jack,

I have recently used http://www.adverts.hififorsale.com/home.asp and found it really good! Got a Arcam A75 plus for £145 inc shipping!

All brands of Hifi are covered and its a really good source of bargain hifi!

Good Luck,

Adam

A

Anonymous

There is a strong likelihood that this post will get taken down, I'd PM you but the facility doesn't exist yet. Far better than eBay, because it's populated by enthusiasts and with an excellent classified section, I mean really excellent is www.another site Just have to get past the fact the WHFSV seem to think they're competitors to this site and so delete any mention of them. I've had assurances from AVF that they don't do the same to comments about WHFSV so lets hope the two can call a truce! So if you're buying second hand, this is where I'd buy from. Much better than eBay.

OK ANDREW PERHAPS AS THE SITE IS LITERALLY AUTO EDITING MY POST, WOULD YOU TELL THE POOR FELLOW SOMETHING THAT WILL ACTUALLY HELP HIM BUYING SECOND HAND? AS I CAN'T. CHEERS MATE.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts