Where is the best place to sell vinyl?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Just put some of my old vinyl on ebay now sold deck is this the best place to sell it?

Have a few Simply Vinyl 180g albums that have been told go for good money will i get this off ebay?

matthewpiano

I think Ebay is generally the best place to get decent money. It might be worth trying some dealers but they tend to give little so that they can achieve decent margins when they sell on. The Ebay route cuts out the middle man and should make more money for you.

I can understand you getting rid of vinyl if you only had a small collection.

T

the record spot

I sold 11 albums recently for just over £450. That said, they were all pretty rare, relatively speaking, and I took a £40 hit on fees, more or less, so you need to factor that in. That sale let me buy two new carseats for our now 16 month old twins a few months back however.

Depends what you're expecting; I sell occasionally and price realistically, loads of photos (I use Auctiva) and an honest write up with a clear returns policy (7 days no quibble assuming no damage done). With all the chancers out there, I put things out insured if the final sale price is greater than standard 1st class cover (£36) and this is non-negotiable.

Enter your album titles, do a completed items search and see what things have gone for. If it's a couple of quid, it's decision time.

So it really depends what you've been trying to sell off - what are the titles?

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:I think Ebay is generally the best place to get decent money. It might be worth trying some dealers but they tend to give little so that they can achieve decent margins when they sell on. The Ebay route cuts out the middle man and should make more money for you.

I can understand you getting rid of vinyl if you only had a small collection.

Check out the costs carefully as listing is cheap but selling fees are not, and have significantly increased in the last year or so. Adding a Buy It Now price is costlier than auction, as is a starting price higher than £0.99. Also, they get you again if you use Paypal (which they also own - although is the safest payment method IMHO) as there is a fee there too on receipt of the payment.

Worth checking out http://www.ebaycalculator.co.uk/ first.

Remember - Gumtree is free and local (although amazingly, Ebay own Gumtree too as it was hitting their markets!)

Hope this helps.

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts