When was the last time you went on holiday?

jjbomber

Last weekend to Marseilles for the rugby finals. March was South Africa for the rugby URC matches. Before that January for the rugby European Cup. Bit of a trend emerging there!

It's a strange on for me. I'm not a fan of holidays per se. However I happily go away to follow sport or concerts.

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Can't even remember.
I think my passport must have expired at least 15 years ago - not that it was used much.
You've bought more TVs than I've had holidays, that's for sure.
My passport has long expired too but not that long ago. Can’t see me renewing mine for years.

Reactions: Gray
Hadn’t flown for over a decade, but went to Spain for the F1 Grand Prix a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed it very much, stayed in Lloret de Mar, and managed a couple of side trips too. Unfortunately, Covid was an unexpected souvenir, but not had serious symptoms. Only on public buses did any masks get worn.

Reactions: Freddy

WayneKerr

2009 - Thailand. Done Far East, Canada, Middle East and most of Europe working/holidays. Passport expired 2017 and I have no inclination to renew as I'm done with airports. The only place I would go back to would be Egypt, (not the Red Sea resorts - The Nile), wonderful country, wonderful people. I'm more of a culture vulture than sunseeker. If we get the weather I really don't think the UK can be beaten.

These days I'm just happy with visiting a golf course :)

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
2009 - Thailand. Done Far East, Canada, Middle East and most of Europe working/holidays. Passport expired 2017 and I have no inclination to renew as I'm done with airports. The only place I would go back to would be Egypt, (not the Red Sea resorts - The Nile), wonderful country, wonderful people. I'm more of a culture vulture than sunseeker. If we get the weather I really don't think the UK can be beaten.

These days I'm just happy with visiting a golf course :)
I’ve done most of Europe too. (y)

WayneKerr

Did a cockpit visit on a trip to America (my brother is a plane geek - I'm just a plain geek).
In September of that year (2001) cockpit visits ceased.
I used to be a plane geek too. First opportunity when I joined FedEx was a walk around one of their wide-body freighters, they're not as big as they seem when all the seats are removed. Pre 9/11 employees could jump-seat around the globe for free.

Still find planes impressive but not a geek anymore, I guess 18 years of being around them has cured me of this :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DCarmi and Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts