When opening a record for the first time!

Some of my thoughts are....

i hope it's coloured vinyl.

I hope it's heavyweight vinyl.

I hope it's just one record. (Lazy)

i hope it's a double album (sound quality)

i hope it's 45rpm (s.q)

hope it's a good copy!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Someone has bought me Before the Dawn for Xmas - hope it's good pressing and unwarped seeing as it's gone out of press already and dobut I would get a replacement

stevebrock said:
Someone has bought me Before the Dawn for Xmas - hope it's good pressing and unwarped seeing as it's gone out of press already and dobut I would get a replacement

Presumably you mean the album by Kate Bush and not the one by Patrice Rushen?

Still available on Amazon at an inflated price,and snvinyl at a reasonable £57 if you can ever get him to deliver ;-)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Me:

- Opening it. That feeling of pulling the shrinkwrap off for the first time and easing out the inner sleeve is level on my pleasure-scale with eating chocolate. (And I'm fat and I love chocolate.)

- I hope it's not pressed off centre. 29 years with digital as a primary souce makes me hugely perceptive of wow, and annoyed by it. Several LPs that I've owned for decades I find I can't listen to now because of wow, but at the time of buying them I'm not even sure I noticed it.

- Will it sound good. In 2010 I bought my first 7" single for over 20 years, it was one of the 'record store day' records and I quickly realised it probably wasn't intended for actually playing. It was brand new but sounded like it had already been played repeatedly on a 78rpm gramophone. The vinyl was painfully thin and (mildly) warped but the main reason it sounded so bad was probably because it had been pressed using worn-out stampers.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
In ascending order of importance:

4. Hope it's not coloured vinyl.
3. Hope it's not faulty.
2. Hope it's a decent pressing (preferably MPO/GZ Media/Optimal Media).
1. Hope I like the music.

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I hope it's a good pressing.

I hope it's black and shiny.

I hope it doesn't snap, crackle or pop.

I hope we've got baked spuds with cheese 'n' beans for tea....

TRENDING THREADS