When is WHF reviewing the LG 55ec930v Oled?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I think it is going to bum in the reviews! I have demoed it about 10 times now and it isn't very good.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
In what way is it not good? I briefly saw it in JL today, and I thought it was very good.
Colours not as accurate, even the Sony LED and LG LED looked better around it! It looked dull and colours a horrible colour. Mine looks miles better. It is brighter and has more accurate colours and definitely looks better than any LED!

D

Deleted member 2457

Joe Cox said:
Should be next couple of weeks.
Cheers Joe! A lot seems to be wrong with the normal settings. The Sound and Vision review says the colours are soft out of box, and some of the other settings are wrong, and plasmas and LEDs look better out of box. It seems pretty poor they can't get their factory settings right.

D

Deleted member 2457

Joe Cox said:
Factory settings?! *stop* We'll have no factory settings here ;-)
Thanks God for that! Even the LG 4K next to it looked better. *biggrin*

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Joe Cox said:

True, but the 930V will still be evaluated following calibration by eye.

This is great for consumers who've never heard of professional calibration, or don't know what this process entails.

For ardent videophiles, however, the 930V seems a bad choice because it can't be professionally calibrated. The controls are present but are ineffective in producing anything close to a reference image. Throw undefeatable DNR into the mix and the 930V looks a dodgy proposition for anyone who's really invested in picture quality.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Joe Cox said:

True, but the 930V will still be evaluated following calibration by eye.

This is great for consumers who've never heard of professional calibration, or don't know what this process entails.

For ardent videophiles, however, the 930V seems a bad choice because it can't be professionally calibrated. The controls are present but are ineffective in producing anything close to a reference image. Throw undefeatable DNR into the mix and the 930V looks a dodgy proposition for anyone who's really invested in picture quality.
Great points mate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts