when is the 2010 Awards planned

A

Anonymous

Zubkabera:Looking forward to the 2010 awards issue, this year must be a tough one for speakers and TVs
emotion-2.gif

monitor audio..

sony..

easy..

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
do the chaps and chapesses who buy the mag get to go to the awards dinner - would be a decent competition prize for proper forumites (i.e. not the plethora of professional competition enterers who trawl the web for freebies).

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:do the chaps and chapesses who buy the mag get to go to the awards dinner - would be a decent competition prize for proper forumites (i.e. not the plethora of professional competition enterers who trawl the web for freebies).

I think that's a good idea, considering it's our money that makes What HIFI spin around
emotion-4.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We'll also have a 'win the Award winners' competition in the issue.

And Max, with new products appearing that no reader will see the test-results of until that Awards issue, I wouldn't be pre-judging just yet
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:

We'll also have a 'win the Award winners' competition in the issue.

And Max, with new products appearing that no reader will see the test-results of until that Awards issue, I wouldn't be pre-judging just yet
emotion-4.gif

ok clare
emotion-16.gif

but i reckon onkyo are a shoe in
emotion-4.gif

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Awards issue on sale 15th October.

We have run competitions to win tickets for the Awards ceremony in the past, but not this year - not sure why, just something we didn't do this year, preferring to offer some equipment prizes instead over recent times, including the current Monitor Audio competition.

A few invitations to your dedicated foreign friends would have been much appreciated
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I will be attending the Sound and Vision Show next month and was wondering if there will be any special subscription deals at your stand guys? My subscription ran out a while back and for one reason or another I havent't got around to renewing!! I purchased this months edition from the shops, and noticed the HDMI cable deal. Is it worth doing now or waiting to until I meet you fantastic people!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure we will have a subs offer at the show - we usually do! But I'm not sure what it is - I know Clare is at a press event this evening, but I am sure she will be able to confirm in the morning what our plans are...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And here I am!

Yes, we will have exclusive subscriptions deals at the show - if you're after a free HDMI cable or headphones, head on over to our stand on October 16-17th (new subscribers will also get a copy of the hot-off-the-press Awards issue there and then).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep- Awards issue printed at weekend and bound over the past couple of days. TIght deadline!

Subscriber copies will be posted out direct from the printers tomorrow. We get our office copies on Thursday, which is when first copies may come through letterboxes. Copies in shops from Friday.

Tonestar1

Clare Newsome:
Subscriber copies will be posted out direct from the printers tomorrow. We get our office copies on Thursday, which is when first copies may come through letterboxes. Copies in shops from Friday.

I always thought you would proof read a hard copy before sending to the printers. Is that no longer the case in today's digital age?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well we still check print-outs from the digital proofing/passing system, before the presses roll
emotion-2.gif
Like most mags these days, it's down to the wire with deadlines, to keep us as current as we can be.

But i'll guarantee - daily paper or monthly mag - however good any publication's production staff are, there are always some errors you'll only ever spot when they're in cold, hard print
emotion-7.gif

Lovely example highlighted here

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Last minute editing is a pain, I keep noticing stars missing from our reviews dammit!
emotion-5.gif

On a serious note I hope our first ad in years turns out ok - literally made it the day of the 4pm deadline due to late confirmation from our MD in the US... I built the speakers in the pic myself at 10am then sent someone on the 2 hour drive to Southampton to get it photographed! That's about as last minute as it gets!

In hindsight the text is a little cheesy but I'm blaming that on RnD complaining it was too dry
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS