Whats the best way to go in your opinion for a new tv?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ok, im new to this range of product, but i have an understand of the hdtv's, and there issues.

for a long time i was interested in the w4500 range, i thought it was the perfect tv for my buying. but after reading about all the issues on a couple of forums, i really don't want the hassle. (and this really annoys me, i wanted the damn sony, stupid sony and there quality inconsistency!)

so im back to square one, looking for a tv, looking for you recommendations based on what experience im wanting for my tv:

i do not watch much tv (so yes you might scratch your head and wonder why i wanted such a top end tv), but i love films, and this is where its important to me, i am looking for 40 - 46 inch sized tvs, 24p technology is a must (yep, im a video purist for films), has to be 1080p, i don't think i have to have 100hz. but i really need a tv that produces a visually stunning image (much like the way people were talking about that damn sony w4500).

i need to be able to get the best cinematic experience out of the tv, i will be playing games on it to with ps3, so blu-rays, games, media (pc use) will be its main use.

my budget is varying between 900 - 1100.

can anyone recommend me a tv that can meet these kind of uses? i particuarly don't wanna risk a tv thats gonna have big clouding and back light bleeding issues like the sony :(

A

Anonymous

get the sony from a reputable dealer and swap it if it has problems, not everyone has had a disaster with theirs and once you have one that works well you won't be dissapointed.

A

Anonymous

do you know any online ones that are willing to do it? as i have a 1000, and i want the 46" one, and obviously that w4500 in 40 and 46" wont be going for a 1000 in stores :(

thanks for the reply!

A

Anonymous

I have a Sony HXD 900 PVR with a Sony 32" CRT - planning to upgrade the TV to a good Sony flat screen; however, the PVR has been nothing but trouble - keeps freezing. Doesn't then record properly without a hard reset. I have done alot of reading on it - but no fix. Sony Center guys just shrugged their shoulders. Seems to me that Sony is not really designed to last - its more of an average brand than a premium brand, so I would steer clear of the Sony screens.

A

Anonymous

kg_1989:

i do not watch much tv (so yes you might scratch your head and wonder why i wanted such a top end tv), but i love films, and this is where its important to me, i am looking for 40 - 46 inch sized tvs, 24p technology is a must (yep, im a video purist for films), has to be 1080p, i don't think i have to have 100hz. but i really need a tv that produces a visually stunning image (much like the way people were talking about that damn sony w4500).

i need to be able to get the best cinematic experience out of the tv, i will be playing games on it to with ps3, so blu-rays, games, media (pc use) will be its main use.

can anyone recommend me a tv that can meet these kind of uses? i particuarly don't wanna risk a tv thats gonna have big clouding and back light bleeding issues like the sony :(Have a look at the Panasonic 46PZ80 or 50PZ80, both in your price range. Excellent Bluray performance and great for gamers with minimal lag.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts