Whathifi review of B&W CM8 ? (Clare?)

A

Anonymous

Not seen or heard the CM 8 (but im not Clare).

They will recieve 4* min, if not 5*

If that is what your hoping for which I guess it is, otherwise why ask. Go out and buy them.

After a while we (or most) learn not to pay too much attention to a mag's review of products...it really doesn't mean much at all.

Use your own ears to find the sound you like and think is best. There far better than any so called (experts).

All the best.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Stoff 1 said:
After a while we (or most) learn not to pay too much attention to a mag's review of products...it really doesn't mean much at all.

There far better than any so called (experts).

Missing you already...
This is the second post in as many days like this..........have WHF been upsetting someone.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
eggontoast said:
This is the second post in as many days like this..........have WHF been upsetting someone.

Ooo ooo, a conspiracy. We love a conspiracy...

No, not at all, or rather not any more than ever.

Posts attacking the magazine are fairly common on here – it's one of the prices we pay for being a well-lit target, I guess...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
eggontoast said:

Ooo ooo, a conspiracy. We love a conspiracy...

No, not at all, or rather not any more than ever.

Posts attacking the magazine are fairly common on here – it's one of the prices we pay for being a well-lit target, I guess...

I agree but some are just sooo negative all the time.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
johno01 said:
I agree but some are just sooo negative all the time.

Hadn't gone unnoticed: makes you wonder why some sign up to the website of a magazine for which they clearly have contempt, just to attack that magazine.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Who needs Biro??
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Wow this went off topic fast :D . The reason i want to read the review is to hear some more pointers from the "pros". I actually have ordered them a month ago and just heard today that i can pick them up. So basically im just curious one could say... Whats wrong wih that? :p

A

Anonymous

Maestroelite said:
Wow this went off topic fast :D . The reason i want to read the review is to hear some more pointers from the "pros". I actually have ordered them a month ago and just heard today that i can pick them up. So basically im just curious one could say... Whats wrong wih that? :p

I am quite sure the remarks were not aimed at you.Hope you enjoy your new equipment very much
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Maestroelite said:

Hey Maestroelite,
You won't be disappointed in the CM8s, they sound great, very musical both for Classical and Electronic,
Have been revisiting old CDs in many catergories including Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children,
Kraftwerk - Computer World, Amelie OST, Power of the Orchestra - Rene Leibowitz, Ennio Morricone - Il Mercenario,
Pink Floyd - DSOTM (SACD stereo-layer), The Beatles (Remasters),
and a whole new lease of live has been added to these recordings for me :)
Hopefully you have a fairly good quality CD player to get the best out of these ie Audiolab 8200, Oppo 95, etc etc.
Hope you enjoy them too.
Cheers.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Squad 701 - I'm loving my CM8s (thre's a pic in the "my system" section). They've really reignited my interest in recorded music. I love the B&W approach, and probably why they are used in so many recording studios.

Why I like them, and sometimes why others criticise B&W, is that they make the music sound like how the recording artist heard when they decided in the studio - "Yes - that's it! - that's how I want my music to sound".

You don't buy a picture from an artist/painter, and then look at it with tinted glasses on, do you? Same with music, as far as I am concerned.

Hope you really enjoy them!

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
A tantalising glimpse of some CM8s on the August Video podcast - looking forward to reading what the team think about them in September edition.

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Why this continuous obsession with stars. What difference does it make if it gets 1 or 5 stars, you should be the one to make the final decision on whether you like it.

Squad701 and DandyCobalt, lets just assume, for the sake of argument, that the WHF team gave the CM8's a 3 star rating. Would that in any way now change your opinion of the CM8?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sabby, I am interested in hearing what the WHFSV team think about them, as I have already bought them, and I 'm always interested in other people's opinions, especially as they have their reference kit to play through them.

Please be assured that I am thoroughly enjoying the CM8s, and have no intention of changing them in the event the team may decide they are not worthy of five stars.

Kit matching is also very important - I have mine being fed through a Cyrus-based pre-amp and Xpower mono amplification, and for my ears and taste, I very much like the sound the combination produces.

I agree that anyone's rating systems are always personal and subjective - how can anyone decide that a CD recording is five stars or one star, unless judging purely the technical merit?

Ultimately, as a hi-fi enthusiast, I enjoy reading opinion about kit, and everyone's personal opinions, whether I agree with them or not - that's what life's about, no?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts