whataerial?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
im setting up a 2nd tv in a bedroom that has a freeview box, are there special aerials for recieving, and getting the best from digital?

could anyone reccommend a decent one they have used?

many thanks

ant

A

Anonymous

its actually for my girlfriends sister who is moving in with her to put in her bedroom. they live in a flat so just have one socket in the lounge connected to the roof aerial! her sisters room is on the complete opposite side of the flat to the lounge socket aswell so that would mean running an aerial through the lounge my g/f bedroom into her sisters bedroom and they dont want me to start drilling holes through walls and running cable everywhere (what is it women dislike about cables?)!!!!

knowing im a bit of a hifi geek she has asked me to find a good portable aerial for her. i know sweet f.a. about aerials as i always have my tv fed with sky, so im a bit stumped, come on folks help me to look good and save the day for the girls!!!

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Indoor aerials are never that good esp for freeview it does depend on where your sister lives but even in a strong signal area she will find it hard to get freeview on an indoor aerial, you could try an amplified one but in order for these to work there has to be a clear signal to start with and amplified aerials can cause interferance themselves.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice kitkat

you can see the broadcast mast from her bedroom window!

are there different types of indoor aerial for digital and analogue? i read on another thread someone mentioning about freeview requiering a wide band aerial.

it is just a second tv in the bedroom that she mainly watches dvd on anyway so dont think she will be that bothered about it being the most amazing picture in the world, just so long as it is watchable. i guess thats the bad thing about buying these portable aerials, you never really know if they will be any good until you plug them in and try them at home. if not they might have to let me get my drill out!!!

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
All aerials sold today are designed for freeview, outdoor, indoor or loft and yes wide band is best for freeview BUT not always required our aerial is well over 25yrs old just your bog standard aerial and we get a fantastic freeview picture with no break-up or anything and we live about 20 miles from the mast (as the crow flys), if you want to try an indoor aerial go to Argos and buy one or two they are very good and will refund you if they are no good at least you will have tried and know your next move.

TRENDING THREADS