What was Plasma TV, and why did it succumb to LCD?

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
How did plasma work, what was its picture quality like, and why was it eventually replaced by LCD and OLED?

What was Plasma TV, and why did it succumb to LCD? : Read more
When I compared my Kuro Pioneer to a OLED I have the blacks were just the same in the dark, it was when it was day time that the plasma faltered. OLED is much stronger during the day if you have a QD-OLED with anti-reflective technology. Mind you if you don’t want it to be reflective don’t go buying an LG OLED, they are like mirrors.

reginaldperrin

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
How did plasma work, what was its picture quality like, and why was it eventually replaced by LCD and OLED?

What was Plasma TV, and why did it succumb to LCD? : Read more
"...And high refresh rates – up to 600Hz, compared to LCD's 60Hz or 120Hz.” Erm, no. Incorrect. The 600Hz number used as a marketing tool by certain brands manufacturing plasma. It did NOT refer to the refresh rate - or images per second - in the same way as LCD. It was to do with the sub-pixel refresh rate - an entirely different process. But then, you’d know that, wouldn’t you - I mean, the article is called, ‘How did plasma work…?’ <sigh>

When I compared my Kuro Pioneer to a OLED I have the blacks were just the same in the dark, it was when it was day time that the plasma faltered. OLED is much stronger during the day if you have a QD-OLED with anti-reflective technology. Mind you if you don’t want it to be reflective don’t go buying an LG OLED, they are like mirrors.
In the interests of balance, I find none of these things to be true.

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
Having owned Pioneer and Panasonic plasmas plus OLED, my opinion is t based upon experience. The reason I have an OLED now is that they are demonstrably better.
Where did I say plasma is better than OLED? Please read posts more carefully, and you are a moderator!

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
I did, and I had noticed. You said there were aspects in which it was as good (not better), which I found not to be true. And looking at mine now, the screen is noticeably less reflective that either of the two plasmas that we still have.
Black is black with regards to plasma and OLED when in a darkened room is what I said. I also said QD OLED TV was less reflective than OLED which is also true. You clearly have a very different view to everyone else in the AV world! See you hadn’t read it right which is what I said…

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts