What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 221 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

floyd droid

New member
Sep 5, 2008
39
0
0
Visit site
Now ploughing my way through..

61EbH4LPwBL._SY355_.jpg
 

DIB

Well-known member
May 21, 2009
166
36
18,620
Visit site
floyd droid said:
And this is rather bloody bloody good , which has just hit the run out.

61HkW8xltvL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Oh yes, I like this one, and their follow up.

Glad to hear about the JB live album. I've long thought his live offerings are more enjoyable than the studio albums.

.
 

DIB

Well-known member
May 21, 2009
166
36
18,620
Visit site
I bought a clutch of albums off a local Ebay seller this week, and this one is currently spinning. I like it, and it's in terrific nick..

The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Eye_In_The_Sky.jpg


... fingers crossed that the rest of the LPs I bought are in similar condition.

.
 

Freddy58

Well-known member
Jan 24, 2014
149
148
18,770
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Freddy58 said:
stevebrock said:
Supertramp - Crime of the Century

Boards of Canada - Campfire Headphase

The The - Infected

Japan - Quiet Life

You got hold of it then Steve? :grin:

yes today!

Good it is too!

Yeah, it's a cracking album, imo. My son bought me a copy for my birthday a few days ago...well pleased :)

Give it a few spins Steve, you'll grow to love it, I reckon :)
 

Freddy58

Well-known member
Jan 24, 2014
149
148
18,770
Visit site
DIB said:
I bought a clutch of albums off a local Ebay seller this week, and this one is currently spinning. I like it, and it's in terrific nick..

The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Eye_In_The_Sky.jpg


... fingers crossed that the rest of the LPs I bought are in similar condition.

.

I assume you've tried 'Tales Of Mystery And Imagination'?
 

DIB

Well-known member
May 21, 2009
166
36
18,620
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
floyd droid said:
And this is rather bloody bloody good , which has just hit the run out.

61HkW8xltvL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Yeah, I quite like JB. Plays with plenty of 'touch'. My favourite though for outright 'bite' would be Gary Moore. Saw him a couple of times and was amazed...really...

I went to see Gary Moore on the last tour before he died. He just about managed to say "hello" at the beginning, and "goodbye and thank you" at the end and that was about the sum total of his stage presence. Nothing to do with ill health or anything, more him being a miserable, grumpy sod on the night. (see also Van Morrison!) He stood at one side of the stage whilst his 3 piece backing band were crammed together on the other side, with virtually no interaction between them all. A very unsatisfying gig for me. The support act, Buddy Whittington, was far and away the better show.

I first saw Gary Moore when he was a young kid back in the 70's at Manchester Poly, and as far as I can remember it was a pretty thrilling gig.

.
 

DIB

Well-known member
May 21, 2009
166
36
18,620
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
DIB said:
I bought a clutch of albums off a local Ebay seller this week, and this one is currently spinning. I like it, and it's in terrific nick..

The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Eye_In_The_Sky.jpg


... fingers crossed that the rest of the LPs I bought are in similar condition.

.

I assume you've tried 'Tales Of Mystery And Imagination'?

No I haven't, I'm pretty new to Alan Parsons. I take it I should then, I'll keep an eye out for it 2nd hand.

.
 

Freddy58

Well-known member
Jan 24, 2014
149
148
18,770
Visit site
DIB said:
I went to see Gary Moore on the last tour before he died. He just about managed to say "hello" at the beginning, and "goodbye and thank you" at the end and that was about the sum total of his stage presence. Nothing to do with ill health or anything, more him being a miserable, grumpy sod on the night. (see also Van Morrison!) He stood at one side of the stage whilst his 3 piece backing band were crammed together on the other side, with virtually no interaction between them all. A very unsatisfying gig for me. The support act, Buddy Whittington, was far and away the better show.

I first saw Gary Moore when he was a young kid back in the 70's at Manchester Poly, and as far as I can remember it was a pretty thrilling gig.

.

I saw him twice. The first time, he was as you said, even insulted certain members of the audience and he only played for an hour! The second time was totally different, played for two and a half hours :rockout:

I guess it all depended what kind of mood he was in. I suppose he was good....and he knew it :)
 

Freddy58

Well-known member
Jan 24, 2014
149
148
18,770
Visit site
DIB said:
Freddy58 said:
DIB said:
I bought a clutch of albums off a local Ebay seller this week, and this one is currently spinning. I like it, and it's in terrific nick..

The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Eye_In_The_Sky.jpg


... fingers crossed that the rest of the LPs I bought are in similar condition.

.

I assume you've tried 'Tales Of Mystery And Imagination'?

No I haven't, I'm pretty new to Alan Parsons. I take it I should then, I'll keep an eye out for it 2nd hand.

.

'Tales Of Mystery And Imagination' is a much darker album, but my favourite of the ones I've heard from AP.
 

Charlie Jefferson

Well-known member
Sep 2, 2007
229
0
18,790
Visit site
My penultimate late night/3am session playlist before Monday's back to work reality kicks in:

Flemish Altruism - A Minor Forest

For anyone who is interested (grand total=not many, probably) this is a collection of their songs from 1993-95 and is a companion piece to their bedazzling masterpiece, Inindependence.

Gets Schooled - John Grant

Benny Goodman Today : Live In Stockholm

The Sound Of Bread

Live At Le Poisson Rouge - J.Spaceman/Kid Millions

Made In America - The Carpenters

Face To Face - The Kinks

Plaything - Plone 12"

Space Age Bachelor Pad Music - Stereolab

III - Ryan Adams/The Cardinals

Viva Dead Ponies - The Fatima Mansions

Bertie's Brochures - The Fatima Mansions
 

Jim-W

New member
Jul 29, 2013
2
0
0
Visit site
Albert Ayler-'Spiritual Unity.'

Archie Shepp-'Mama Too Tight.'

Archie Shepp-'The Magic Of Ju-Ju.'

Kaleidoscope-'Bernice.'

Bobby Hutcherson-'Dialogue.'

Dexter Gordon-'Gettin' Around.'