What Tube Power Amplifier can I use with the Cambridge Audio 551p?

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am going to connect the Cambridge Audio 551p MM Phono Stage/ Preamp to my Audio Technica LP60.

What Tube/Valve Power Amplifier can I then connect these too to sound correct/ warm/ good.

I wish for it to be relatively cheap, maybe <£200?

Also, my speakers are that of the Samsung 230w system, does this mean that Turntable - Preamp - Power Amp isn't viable?

Thanks.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
need an integrated amp instead of a power amp, the phono pre amp you mention does not have any volume control on it.

It is designed to be used with integrated and pre amps that do not come with a dedicated phono input.

I think you will need better speakers as well to get the best from your turntable.

Save up a bit more or maybe look at secondhand.

Hope this helps.

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, yes I do understand that the speakers are not ideal but let's say for arguments sake, I can't get new ones.

So I have the LP60 Turntable then to the Cambridge 551p then to a integrated amp then to the speakers.

Which integrated amps do you know of that are reasonably priced and compatible with such a setup and possibly tube/ valve?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
looking at a pic for the samsung shows that it has a aux button on the front so as long as it has a pair of phono's on the rear, then as suggested above, you should just be able to plug your turntable straight in.

*music2*

TrevC

hybridauth_Twitter_177923058 said:
I wish to get a better quality of audio and by using external phono stages, surely this would achieve a greater level of sound quality rather than using the inbuilt preamp?

Not necessarily. It could just as easily be worse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts