what to spend on a full HD projector?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just spent all the money I had on the Denon 2500BT blu ray transport and use an Onkyo TXSR875 AV amp, It is now very obvious that the abilities of my Panasonic PT AX100 ( 720p) Projector are exceeded.

After scouring many reviews there are obvious projector choices at various price points. A difficult question I know, but what am I going to have to spend before I can appreciate a big difference over my soon to retire Panny? Will I be dissappointed if I only spend £1200 or so on a Mitsubishi HC5500,(I have installed a couple of magnificent Panasonic PT AE3000s recently for friends @ around £2000 and have had a good play with them and so was aiming at this model or a similar level,) OR... shall I bend the plastic to melting point and aim for something more exotic??

As so often with projectors these days in what hifi, projectors come along that blow everything else away at their price point, only to see this happen again a few months later. I am interested to know what level of expediture on a projector do people make that have a bluray transport at this kind of level.

Thankyou!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well I use an Infocus IN83 at home, and it thrives with higher-end HD sources like your transport - it's not cheap, and its baby-brother IN80 offers better all-round value, but the IN83 really comes into its own (and trumps the IN80 and its ilk) when well-fed.

A

Anonymous

Clare,

Many thanks for the lightening speed of response, I guess I knew that it was going to cost more than I'd hoped, but isn't that always the way with AV? Keep up the good work, it's actually quite interesting to know what choices "the professionals" use at home. It's a little more personal than the "editors choice" that your competition seems to hand to everything that normal people can't afford.

Carle Bennett

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The first full 1080 projector that we reccommend is the Sony VPL-HW10 - this is just over your budget but gets very close to the Panasonic PTAE3000 in performance and if you are quick there is a free bluray player or bulb on purchases before the end of the year.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nick,

I'll take a look at your site later. I have had a couple of PTAE2000 ( or 1000's) off you a while ago, so you are no stranger. Hope I do business with you again soon.

Carle

A

Anonymous

In short, it's pretty damn good. Everytime I buy something this good it simply makes me miserable about another weak ling in the AV chain! stll play my ordinary CDs and DVDs on my tagMclaren DVD32R though!

A

Anonymous

What's the recommended screen size for the IN83 in order to get the best possible picture quality ? Speaking of screens, any suggestions as to which brand I should go for ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts