What to do....?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought a Sony KDL 46W4000 about 7 months ago from Amazon. Contrary to some of the posts in these forums, this produced some of the best pictures I've ever seen on a TV (no backlight or bleeding issues at all). The colours and picture quality were truly amazing.

However, yesterday my wife mentioned a line going down the screen (I must admit I hadn't noticed anything). When she said it I noticed that there was a line (from top to bottom) where the pixels were slightly darker than the rest. You could only notice this if the background was uniform i.e. sea or sky. You can't really notice it if there's a lot going on in the picture. I suppose 90% of the time you can't notice it (however, I know it's there and am consciously looking out for it!).I've changed the source (v+, blue ray etc.), and the line is still visible.

I think I'm going to have to call Sony (as my viewing pleasure has now been compromised) and try and get it sorted as it's still within the manufacturers guarantee.

Has anyone else had to return a large LCD and how do they go about doing this?? I could take it to a Sony Centre (but I originally bought it from Amazon). Will they offer me a replacement or am I going to have to be without a TV whilst it is repaired??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
vineetpatel69:I think I'm going to have to call Sony (as my viewing pleasure has now been compromised) and try and get it sorted as it's still within the manufacturers guarantee.

Has anyone else had to return a large LCD and how do they go about doing this?? I could take it to a Sony Centre (but I originally bought it from Amazon). Will they offer me a replacement or am I going to have to be without a TV whilst it is repaired??

I think this is something you initially have to take up with Amazon, as that's where you bought the TV.

matthewpiano

You have two possible plans of action. The first would be to contact the original retailer you purchased it from, in this case Amazon. They should be able to arrange for an engineer from your local authorised Sony repair agent to view your television and take it away for repair (if its a whole line of dead pixels probably a new LCD panel).

The second alternative would be to find out where you nearest local authorised Sony repair agent is and contact them direct. You will need your original receipt of purchase.

The responsibility here lies primarily with the original retailer who sold you the set. There is no guarantee you will receive a loan set. This tends to be an extra level of service offered by smaller, independent dealers rather than huge companies such as Amazon.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks. Will contact Amazon and see whay they will do..........

A

Anonymous

fruityboy:sounds like the same fault i had on my sony w3000 they came and took it away and put a new panel in

How long did it take to fix??

A

Anonymous

Well, I emailed Amazon and they've despatched a brand new TV (and arranged for the old one to be picked up).

I'm very impressed with this level of service from Amazon....let's just hope I don't get the 'clouding' issues that have been mentioned!!

TRENDING THREADS