what to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm looking at upgrading my audio, but not really sure what to buy. I'm fairly happy with my current setup, i'm just looking for some more quality.

The choice is to either get some Monster Beats headphones, or spend £500 on a proper setup.

Which would offer the most sound quality? and how big a difference would there be?

Thanks

Tom

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
teknokid:I'm looking at upgrading my audio, but not really sure what to buy. I'm fairly happy with my current setup, i'm just looking for some more quality.

What is your current setup and how do you want to improve it?

teknokid:The choice is to either get some Monster Beats headphones, or spend £500 on a proper setup.

Which would offer the most sound quality? and how big a difference would there be?

Again no point of reference about what your system is or your needs. Large room or small room? Headphone/PC/iPod type setup or 'traditional' source/amp/speakers or full blown AV 5.1?

Is the £500 for an upgrade or the total budget for a whole system from scratch?

Oh, and what sort of music? (Techno like your name?)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
teknokid:

Hi there,

I'm looking at upgrading my audio, but not really sure what to buy. I'm fairly happy with my current setup, i'm just looking for some more quality.

The choice is to either get some Monster Beats headphones, or spend £500 on a proper setup.

Thanks

Tom

Difficult to say when we don't know what you have already and what you are ideally looking for

A

Anonymous

I currently have some Senheiser CX300 MKII's, and Logitech Z5500 setup. I've been saving for quite some time to upgrade my setup, as I've been borrowing my brothers Stanton headphones, which make both my setups seem quite tame.

Techno/dance/rock/indie music is what I tend to listen to, and what they would be mainly used for.

Audio is from my laptop or my ipod, and I intend to order a Asus U1 external sound card to go between my laptop and speakers (used to have an Asus D2x in a pc).

I also use the speakers for gaming, which is why I am leaning towards the headphones, as they're not only portable but wouldn't affect my 5.1 for gaming (if I upgrade my setup, I realise my budget could only accomodate a descent stereo setup).

Therefore, the £500 would be to build one from scratch..

Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts