What Subwoofer???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to get a subwoofer and I'm after some recommendations: I'm looking at a smallish sub for a room 3m x 6m. I was thinking of a B&W ASW610 or BK XLS200/XLS300 or Rel T1 also looked at the B&W PV1 but I think its a little too pricy!! would like to stick to around £500. greatful for any recommendation or feedback from owners???

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
What are your main speakers? Also, I know this is in the Hi-Fi section but just checking this is this for music and not movies? Probably a good idea to list your whole system in fact.

A

Anonymous

Main Speakers are B&W 805s with HTM4s centre speaker the rears are B&W M1's the AV receiever is a Rotel RSX 1550, it will be used mainly used for Music and some Movies (sorry if in the wrong section). Thanks!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
You have a great speaker with the 805 and to get the most out of them I would suggest looking at better quality subwoofers. Perhaps look out for a display / used subwoofer that started life around the £1000 mark or above. There are pleny of great prices on the REL B series and they are more in keeping with your speakers. If you can find an ASW750 that would be my choice.

A

Anonymous

Thanks "TheHomeCinemaCentre" but the ASW 750 is 1000W that might be a bit too much for my room and the neighbour!!! thats why I was looking at something smaller...anything else??

A

Anonymous

You could try a sub from MJ Acoustics...excellent subs in my opinion

I own the Reference 100 MKII from them and its fab

Seeing as your looking for something smaller you could try the MJ Acoustics Pro 50 MKII, which has a 120 watt amp and has received very good reviews :)

Good luck in your search

A

Anonymous

what about the REL R505 in gloss black, i have seen them on e-bay for around the £500 mark, it would integrate very well with your speakers for hi-fi and home theatre..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts