what speakers to match my roksan kandy amp and cd (Budget up to £800)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my system i have is roksan kandy L3 amp, roksan kandy cd player, ecosse nu diva interconnects and qed silver anniversary bi wire cable,atacama stands,soundstyle rack and i currently have some old b&w dm 601 s3.

my room is quite small and i listen to all types of music if anyone has got any suggestions please let me know thanks

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I'd suggest Dynaudio Focus 140s. These are a step up in every way from your DM 601s. More bass and tighter. Better detail and superb midrange. Also, the roksan kit can be bright if paired with the wrong speakers and the Dyns lean towards a warm sound that will compliment the roksan gear nicely.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i wouldn't think the k2 speakers would match with the L.lll components. i've read comments of a lean nature which i don't think will match the kandy's.

i was going to recommend focus 110's, but the op mentions a small room which the dyn's might flood with bass. they also need at least 50cm behind them.

i think if it were me, i would sell the cdp and buy something else with less of a bright nature for the same money, and partner with atc scm11's. great all round sound and able to go near a rear wall while still keeping the bass even.

if changing cdp isn't an option, maybe pmc db1i? but these will still need some space behind them. and i think the atc's will be better.
emotion-4.gif

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i ran mine with dali ikon 2s sounded great amazingly open but also 2 floor standers monitor audio rs6s, rs8's which some said sound bright but i thought left me with a great sound both two big for a little room - but you could look at the rs1s or gs10s as well

T

the record spot

Audiosmile Kensai, or Roksan's own speakers (ribbon tweeters and all!). The former are around £675 I think and have enjoyed some fine reviews. Ideal for a small room too.

A

Anonymous

I hope to be demoing the new RX6 and RX2 soonish to partner LIII and Mk3. I'll let you know how I get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts