What speakers for a 44w ONKYO amplifier

Denis

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I ordered an ONKYO A-9010 amplifier today (http://www.whathifi.com/onkyo/9010/review), and I was wondering what speakers I could get with it. I don't really know if I should look at the watts of the speakers, the decibels... Could I buy 100w speakers for example, or is it not recommended ?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Denis

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I would say approximately 25m². I'd like to spend about 150$/€, which is not a lot of money I agree. But I'm not looking for the best hardware here, just a nice and good system to listen to some records on my turntable. That's why I ordered this amp, which is a budget amp with a lot of good reviews.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Don't worry about the amount of watts and db to much. 44w is fairly powerful and will drive most speakers in your price range with ease.

I am not sure about pricing in dollars, and my feeling is that you'd have to spend a little more for a good entry level speaker to do the amp justice, and speakers are a personal choice but I'd recommend something like the q acoustics 3020 or even 3010 as I have heard the range and are good. Another good speaker is the Cambridge audio sx50, or its bigger brother the sx60. Many people love the Wharfedale diamond 220s.The Monitor audio MR2 are another solid option. Maybe others will chime in, but to get the best oot of any of thise I'd recommend also buying stands.

While researching these, the higher db sensitivity means the speaker will go louder at a given amp power, so in theory if you have a speaker that id 90db, it will go louder than one that is 86db if the volume dial is in the same place

Denis

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the references and the advices, it really helps! I'm gonna do some research on Google with that in mind!

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have had a lot of budget speakers, and the best i have heard for the budget you have are the Q ACOUSTICS 2020i's, i have not heard the 3020's, but from those i know that have, say the 3020's are much better and not far of the sound of the Concepts, and can be had for £149, yes there are better speaker, but none at this price, the 2020i's can be found for £99 new, Your amp only does 44watts per channel, so you dont need 100 watt speakers, you need speakers that is easy to drive, 6 to 8 ohms, and the higher the sensitivity the better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts