What should I replace my blown Mission 700S speakers with?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A few words of advice would be appreciated, as I know the hifi market so poorly these days. I've been running through an old NAD 3020A amp to a pair of old Mission 700S speakers in a fairly small room. The sound quality has been as good as I needed until one of the speakers blew this week - probably from old age rather than abuse as they don't get cranked up much. Source is mainly FLAC files from a Sonos system.

So...I've no idea what I need to spend to get the equivalent quality to the sound I've been getting from the 700S speakers. What price ballpark should I be looking at? A few example "good buys" would be good, particularly anything that's likely to match the NAD, but it's the "where am I in the market?" that I really need help with.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm afraid I'm not too clued up on Mission 700s, even though my friend had a pair, but if it was my money I would be looking at Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs which should cost £150 but you can pick up for about £100 if you shop around, if you want to spend a bit less what about Elatx Monitor 3s? (aboout £70) I had a pair that served me well for many years, downside is that they have a bottom firing posrt so need a stand with a large top-plate. If you want to stick to Mission Ibelieve that you would need to look at the "M" series.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gwyndy"]what about Elatx Monitor 3s? (aboout £70) I had a pair that served me well for many years, downside is that they have a bottom firing posrt so need a stand with a large top-plate.[/quote]

The Eltax Monitor 3s will fit on Soundstyle Z2 stands - just! The Eltaxs you can only get from Richer Sounds I think. They also do the Z2 stands, although I think Superfi are cheaper for these.

TRENDING THREADS