What shall I buy?

ashleywatson

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping people can help me out. I am moving house and want to install a system that links up in the kitchen/dining room which is approx. 30 x 11 foot. The plan is to follow the advice in the latest addition of What Hifi and go for the Samsung UE40F6400 television. I would then like this to be linked to a system (micro system or what would work best?) which can also play my music (not sure if this relevant/useful to know but I currently have a Naim Unitiqute in the lounge). I then want to play the music and watch television with some ceiling speakers. They are not reviewed but what would people recommend and would I need 4,6 or 8 speakers.Finally, would things like lip synch be an issue with the television? It is also an old house and so would I need anything to make sure the internet worked at the back of the house? I would like to spend approx. £1500! Good luck!!

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I would get 4 B&W CCM684 speakers. They will cost about £900 for 4. That leaves you with £600 for a receiver of your choice, to which you can connect your different sources and television. Lip sync shouldn't be an issue, you can correct the lip sync in the receiver.

As for the internet: you will need to test it to be sure. If there are problems, you can add an acceess point or wireless power lines.

ashleywatson

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thansk for the advice - was actually thinking of the B and W CCM 362's as it happens. what are your thoughts on the two - how do they compare and how many would I need?

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I would try to aim for the 6 series rather than the 3 series. The 3 series are more suited for small rooms like bathrooms, sauna's... That's the reason the 3 series is suited for environments with high humidity. So if your budget allows for it, go for the 6 series. 4 speakers should do for your room if you go for the 6 series. If you go for the 3 series, I would recommend 6 speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts