What screen size do I need

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Iam considering getting a protector for my living room in the future. Since it is my living room, I have to go for a retractable motorised screen. Since my room is still being done up, want to leave space in my false ceiling to mount the screen later.

My room size is 17x11 ft. Considering that the projector will be firing onto the screen across the shorter wall with a throw distance of approximately 10 feet. What will be the largest size screen I go for. Will plan to leave a opening in my ceiling accordingly. Thanks for your time.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
that I already have a 65 inch TV for normal watching. Want to maximize for special movies or games night with the max screen I can fit into my room. But wanted to know what size I can get out of the projector before hand. Thanks again.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
researching today, have a look at this http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship . For a 10' viewing distance you would need at least 100" to appreciate UHD. That is also my viewing distance and I will be limited to 55" so UHD would appear to be a useless investment for me.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If its for movies mainly go for a cinemascope screen. That's 21:9 or 2.35:1.

Now figure out how TALL your screen can be so it clears the tops of cabinets speakers etc. 48 inches tall will give you a 113 inch (9 ft 5 in) wide picture. That's a 122 inch diagonal giving roughly four times the picture area of a cinemascope picture on a 65 inch TV.

Work up or down from that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts