What riaa/cart combo for $250

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I am going to buy a new cartridge and riaa for a turntable I just got (technics sl-23a for 700sek, it currently has a om5e booring)

rest of my system you can see in my signum

im a bit allergic to igd, but i want a warm and analog sound so i was thinking Grado black and rega phono mini....

or maybe audio technica at100e w/ pro-ject phono box s so i can set up the correct capacitance…

what would be your choice; $250 limit

Bemar said:
Hello!

I am going to buy a new cartridge and riaa for a turntable I just got (technics sl-23a for 700sek, it currently has a om5e booring)

rest of my system you can see in my signum

im a bit allergic to igd, but i want a warm and analog sound so i was thinking Grado black and rega phono mini....

or maybe audio technica at100e w/ pro-ject phono box s so i can set up the correct capacitance…

what would be your choice; $250 limit

For that budget you are not going to get any better than the Phono Mini but I haven't a clue what your second hand market is like there or what the new price for the Rega is, assuming you are in the States.

Regarding cartridges you might find the newer Audio Technica VM510CB is a better choice or again the Shure M97XE would be my choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts