What poweramp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Roksan candylll set up, and using mission 782se speakers.What I would like to know from all you experts out there is what poweramp would be a good choice for me to get?.Do I get the Roksan candylll power amp or would it be wiser to go for another make? I have seen a MF A370.2 and a Meridian 557 on a well known website and was wondering if they would be compatable.Any advice on this subject would be most welcome.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Depends what you want to do. If you're just going to feed the preouts of the KandyIII amp into the new power amp, and use just that power amp in place of the Kandy's power amp section, then any power amp will 'work', in that it'll accept the signal and drive the speakers.

But both the amps you mention have different sounds, and both differ from the KandyIII, so you may get different rather than better.

I'd be looking at adding a Roksan power amp and biamping the Missions for the best results. More explanation of all that - at some length, I hasten to add - here.

Oh, and there's an ex-dem Kandy power amp for £400 here.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks,was not really sure what amp to go for,but definitely need one as have done damage to my missions through clipping,repairs to crossovers and midrange.would it be wise to get the candylll or the caspian?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You've damaged the Missions by clipping a Kandy? Jeez, you must play it loud! And the sound must have been horrible at that kind of level!

I'd go for the biamp with the Kandy power amp and be a shade more careful with the volume control...

A

Anonymous

Yes indeed.....getting p*ssed up, putting on Hendrix and whacking up the volume was a costly way to learn. The sound I must say was excellent... but that could have been the beer? Once again thanks for and have taken your advice and no, I wont be cranking it up!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="John1"]I have seen a MF A370.2 and a Meridian 557 on a well known website and was wondering if they would be compatable[/quote]

Yes, they are even better imho

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts