What notebook?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am not interested in running music through the notebook, but am wondering what is the best note book out there for about 200 - 250 squids?

Thanks

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I can recommend the Samsung NC10 (netbook). Take a gander at some of the reviews on line. I bought one a few months ago and it was far away the most highly regarded. Best feature? A nice, large keyboard.

A

Anonymous

My total mistake, was meant to put netbook!

So with the samsung, can you plug in one of those usb internet sticks and use it via one of the ports?

Also, can you load windows onto it, excel etc, as I would like to use it instead of a normal computer on the fly?

I am only asking as have never had a computer, so am debating to get one of these, or a laptop with everything already installed.

Your help would be greatly received from a thick non computer bloke....

John Duncan

Depends on the make of netbook as to whether it'll have windows on it - some run Windows XP, others run variants of Linux. If it's a windows netbook, yes you can put excel on it - if not, there are plenty of alternatives such as OpenOffice which will serve the same purpose.

As for broadband dongles, be careful as some dongles may require windows - check before purchasing. Some may even have functionality built in and all you have to do is add a SIM card (though I've never investigated closely enough to know for sure).

A

Anonymous

Thanks Mr Duncan,

I was looking at the Samsung that DJPro talked about, as it does have a very good write up. I think it has windows XP, but due to my extremely low knowledge about all things computers, I don't know what this means, and what dongle I would need to get etc...

If you could shed some light on things, it would be good etc

Also, would I have to pay to put excel on it, or is there a way around it, and the same with word, or does it all fall under windows XP?

daveh75

I'd go with PJPro's suggestion of the NC10.Get's great reviews,is well built,battery last's forever and as he suggest's has a decent keyboard(most netbooks have stupidly small awkward to use keyboards).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
potboyslim:Also, would I have to pay to put excel on it, or is there a way around it, and the same with word, or does it all fall under windows XP?

Unless Microsoft Office comes with the netbook when you buy it, you would have to buy a license to run it.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

potboyslim:Also, would I have to pay to put excel on it, or is there a way around it, and the same with word, or does it all fall under windows XP?

Unless Microsoft Office comes with the netbook when you buy it, you would have to buy a license to run it.

Or as mentioned before Load Open Office, agree with PJ re Samsung NC10 Netbook I bought one for my sons xmas and no complaints great performance good battery 100% recommended.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
First thing I did with mine was put in more RAM.

Incidentally, it's not all good news with the NC10. No optical out. No gigbit ethernet. XP not Vista. But in the round, the best out there.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your replies. I am going to get one. I am not really bothered by the lack of cd drive, as can put my files on a stick, and print them off etc on my dads mac.

Thanks again.

Phil

Messiah

potboyslim:

I am not really bothered by the lack of cd drive, as can put my files on a stick, and print them off etc on my dads mac.

I was thinking more about loading programmes like Office onto the Netbook...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts