what lp-cd hooked you on hifi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Messiah said:
For me it was 'The Prodigy Experience'. For years we had very basic stereos that had no descernable bass although I did not realise this at the time. Went round a friends house who played the CD on his Fischer hi-fi and I was gobsmacked at the difference.

It was all down hill from there...
smiley-smile.gif

I'm seconding that one...

Went from a £99 Saisho midi system (turntable, twin tape, hi-speed dubbing etc and a whopping 10W output. Oh and cardboard speakers with naff 4" 'full-range' (sic) drivers.), to Philips CD604, Rotel RA930 and Mission 760i. Now that was a hefty upgrade...

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
:poke: the whos whos next which I listened to for the first time on a hacker record player at school and the second time on my Dads hifi which was a trio ka 2002a amp 17 watts rms a garrard 86 sp/ goldring g800 turntable and a pair of ms book shelve speekers which at the time I thought was the dogs !!!

Roger_A

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Originally got into music hearing the earliest Beatles, Stones, Hollies, Kinks etc LPs on a Dansette type record player. Then at university heard Sgt Pepper on a Garrard 401/Sme/Shure/Quad system with big Wharfedale speakers and after that I was hooked

Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts