What JVC lcd?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As the result of the sad death of my beloved AV-28X5B and the fact JVC seems to be too dumb to keep spare parts for televisions that are still under warranty (don't buy a JVC.), I'm kinda 'forced' to have it swapped for an LCD...

Now it seems to be impossible to find a store that has more than 1 of the potential JVC candidates, so I can compare. These are the models I'm interested in :
  • 32DG8BJ (32G80B in NL, without DVB-T)
  • 32DP8BJ (32P80B in NL, without DVB-T)
  • 37DG8BJ (37G.. etc)
  • 37DP8BJ
I managed to find a shop with the 37DG8BJ hooked up quite reasonably and the picture was fine, even when it was not quite comparable with the panasonics. In another shop I found the 32DG8BJ, which was being fed a -terrible- signal. After waiting an hour in the shop for them trying to hook it up via HDMI, I gave up and left. I havent been able to spot the 32DP or the 37DP anywhere.

What is your opinion about these 4 models? And which one should I get? (actually, at the moment i most favor the Panasonic 37PV45 (except the silver color..)

Btw, the reason I'm asking is that from the specifications on the JVC website I can make out that at least the 32DG has a different panel for the other 3, and It's impossible to compare all 4 side-by-side.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not great news, i'm afraid.

We've tested both the JVC 32DG88J and 37DG88J, and gave both three stars (ie an average rating). They're not dreadful sets, but you can get a lot better for the money....

A

Anonymous

Yes, I read the reviews.. (in the october issue) but which of the two is best? (they seem to have different panels).

And how about the P models (which have 100Hz, something which sounds like "ha!-we'll-mess-your-signal-up-even-more-muhahaha!" to me). What I do like about the P models is the VGA-input and sound-output.. (even when I can realize the sound-output by making a suitable scart-adapter..). Also, the p-models seem to have a different kind of panel than the g-models..

A

Anonymous

Nobody has any comments or opinions about the JVC 32" and 37" P models? Are they worth the extra money?

A

Anonymous

This morning I visited my regular shop again, and today the told me that the old A80 and G80 models would be ditched in favor of the new A85 model (I dont know what model this would be in the UK..), but again, no actual tv's to be found anywhere!

I _did_ get a better offer from JVC for this tv though.. but again, as I'm unable to find it, I'm not buying.

Nobody that has any comments or suggestions where I could find a review?

A

Anonymous

This morning I visited the shop again, and now they had the A85 on display.

Conclusion : this model had exactly the same panel as the G80, but used a different processor. Result : even more artefacts due to the processing. Stay away.

Anybody some comments about the 32P80/32DP8BJ models?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts