What is your dream Hi-Fi?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting close to my dream system, in that (apart from being curious about the AVI active speaker thingies) I seem to be spending more and more time listening to music rather than tweaking stuff or wanting to change things. I haven't replaced any cables for ages and it feels great!

Seriously though, the advent of Airfoil along with Spotify and iTunes has really been a game changer for me. This time of year when my conservatory (my normal listening room) is a tad chilly, I just set Airtunes to output to a different speaker - be it study, bedroom, lounge etc - and listen in there. Normally I would be listening to less music as it would be a hassle.

I can even set Airfoil to stream the input of my turntable if required...giving me warm (temperature not tone!) listening pleasure from the 100s of albums I only have access to on Vinyl.

Whilst my 2nd system doesn't have the detail of the main one, it is still eminently enjoyable, and more than makes up for the slight loss of detail by being in a warm and therefore accessible room. I'm probably listening to at least 3hrs a day on average now, much more on weekends.

Isn't that what HiFi is all about?

A

Anonymous

ARW77:
Without a shadow of a doubt my dream speakers would be the utterly jaw dropping Rockport "Arrakis" speakers

These would be my first choice in 'money-no-object' speakers for 2CH stereo also - always have been since I first laid eyes on the beauties. They have a massive footprint, but who cares ?!

For Home Cinema, I'd go top end Genelec or Procella - but in a 22.2 configuration with a couple of Gothams or Kef 209's, which would end up costing waaaay more than the Rockports !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts